• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

£100million investment of South Humberside mainline.

Status
Not open for further replies.

grah2702

Ulceby box has already been demolished, apparently. It's curious that Garden Street has survived all this time since the 1993 resignalling of the area.

According to one of the signallers who was working Roxton Siding box, every single piece of equipment will be going into storage, to be used as spares for the remaining signal boxes. Seems like a sensible decision rather than chucking it all in a skip!

As far as I am aware Garden Street cannot be demolished as it is a listed building/preservation order on it but like so many old buildings in Grimsby it will just slowly rot away until it becomes dangerous the will have to be demolished.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Boothby97

Established Member
Although I have not visually confirmed this there was evidently a notice at Pasture Street SB that is was going to be demolished on Christmas Day.

I went down to Pasture Street box on Christmas Eve morning (around 8am) to take some photos, and there was already a demolition vehicle parked up behind it .

GrimsbyPacer

Established Member
Here's Pasture Street's Signal Box today.
Gone and replaced by green metal boxes.
:(
Edit: it's on it's side of some reason when posted.
Sorry for that.

The second one was the box before found online.

Attachments

• Pasture St Box 2016.jpg
    Pasture St Box 2016.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 95
  • IMGP2905PastureSt.jpeg
    IMGP2905PastureSt.jpeg
    160 KB · Views: 81
Last edited by a moderator:

GrimsbyPacer

Established Member
Just noticed this map in Grimsby today.
Thought it might be relevent.
Apparently New Holland got a new platform.

Attachments

• Network Rail South Humber Map.jpg
    Network Rail South Humber Map.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 89

NorthernSpirit

Established Member
To get rid of Humberside for me cost me £50 more council tax and I got a wheelie bin.

I'd be happy for having a wheelie bin. When West Yorkshire Metropolitian County Council was abolished in 1986, it was up to the individual councils to work together on certain civil matters. Calderdale was the last council to issue wheelie bins ('08/ '09) and I still haven't got one.

SouthStand

Network Rail usually calls the Doncaster to Cleethorpes rail line, the South Humberside Mainline. I'm also calling it that as the postal county is South Humberside too (it's still used regardless of what Royal Mail says). The North East Lincolnshire & North Lincolnshire Mainline isn't exactly a great name is it?

The local BBC News has tonight had ASLEF's leader on it, he suggested the driver shortage will get worse before Christmas.
This might mean more than 17 days with no trains.
------

Any good pictures? They could be posted here as it's relevent.

There's no such thing as a postal county!

GrimsbyPacer

Established Member
There's no such thing as a postal county!
I know that, and my comment hinted at it, but many still add them onto their post.
And despite Royal Mail "abolishing" them, they still cout as an acceptable address line.
Postal Counties will be used for ages, look at Middlesex for example.

And this was posted by me before the 'Greater Lincolnshire' name was used by Network Rail in publications about it (the name of a proposed combined authority). An odd name since it only effects North East Lincolnshire & North Lincolnshire, not Lincolnshire.
I guess the South Humberside mainline wiki page needs renaming Greater Lincolnshire mainline?
I used the name used by Network Rail before, and that's the best term for both council areas without confusion over which area I mean.

-------------------
Now the costly 'upgrade' is over....
Will any service improvements follow?
That's the big question, in my head.
There's rumour of TPE being increased in frequency but I can't find any evidence of it, was it just a rumour or is there truth behind it?

Status
Not open for further replies.