• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

£21 of rail vouchers - What to do?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Max

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
After a complaint to TPE about a 2 hour delay to a journey, I have been lucky to come into £21 of rail travel vouchers! However, I have no idea how to spend them. Has anybody got any ideas?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Nym

Established Member
Give me them? lol
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Give me them?

Come to manchester for a coffee and go home again?

Spaceflower

Established Member
Yes, spend them on a 4 hour delayed train:razz:

Or on the highland cheiftain to Inverness on 15th August:!:

ChrisCooper

Established Member
I remember one time I was delayed and got some vouchers, so I spent them on another journey and I was delayed again, so I ended up getting another load of vouchers for that. I suppose Central Trains does have it's good parts (particularly since the first delay was on the return journey, so it wasn't a particularly big problem other than getting home about 2 hours later than I expected to). Then again, the second time wasn't Central's fault, since it was a gas leak near (or possibly in, I can't remember) New Street South Tunnel that caused the delay, and the guard came around and took everyone's details so we didn't have the trouble of having to contact them ourselves (to be honest I wouldn't have bothered if he hadn't). That did slightly spoil the day out to Cardiff though, being 2 hours late, but I did still get a run behind the 37 which is what I went for.

Daniel

Established Member
I got £38 in RTV's after a 2 hour delay caused by NR, plus another £10 from a complaint about a staff member. Anyway, I saved all my vouchers for when I'm running a bit low on cash - only have £12 left now!

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
FGW have just sent me 6x£25 vouchers and 1x£3 voucher for two delays I've encountered. Problem is one of the delays they've refunded me for was with a group of people in 1st class and I've never spent more than £25 on a rail ticket, so I don't know what to do with them as I've heard you can't get change. FGW told me they only give cheques for 20% of the total ticket cost.

I've heard that some more innovative staff have 'bought' the RTV off the customer, but I don't know if it's still possible to do that.

I get about £1 per week off FGW because the 0636 Redland - Temple Meads often gets cancelled - the return costs 50p but they can only give vouchers in whole pounds!

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
I thought you don't get refunds on PRIV discounted tickets?

The vouchers are transferrable so you can always sell them.

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Is there usually a reason for always cancelling your train?

All the letters they've sent me say it's staff shortage.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
The vouchers are transferrable so you can always sell them.

I don't know if anyone would be up for that - I certaintly don't want to sell them at a loss.

Status
Not open for further replies.