• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

00 Multiple Units

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

tramboy

If you're thinking MUs already out, then yes a 170 would be nice. If you're thinking more "what would I like to see on my layout", then I'd love to see some new EMUs come out...333s etc.

Mind you, on a completely different topic, I'd like to see Bachmann bring out some of the stuff they promised us N-Gauge Modellers this year too.

Cheers

Dave

ChrisM

Sort after on Ebay are normally 156s and 101s from Lima these go for a high price and normally atract quite a few bidders.
For me a class 143 would be nice as a new model.

Established Member
Id love to see someone produce a 400 series train instead of having to build one!

The Snap

Established Member
tramboy said:
If you're thinking more "what would I like to see on my layout", then I'd love to see some new EMUs come out

I'd love to see a Class 323 in either Central or Northern livery! I'd also love to see a 175, a decent 142, and of course a Bachmann Class 185 in the new livery!

Also, loads of the DC EMUs that operate in Southern England (eg: 455s, 442s, 421s etc).

Guinness

Established Member
323 with Regional Railways North West Livery would suit me fine. ;)

The Snap

Established Member
LucaZone said:
Yeah I meant the most popular one already out.

Discounting the 170, whats next?

Probably Bachmann 158s and Voyagers. ;)

16CSVT2700

Established Member
Hornby HST power cars are crap! The Lima ones were far more detailed than Hornby's pitiful offering.

Of course saying that the Hornby Mk3s look lovely! I reckon to create an accurate HST rake you'd need to source two Lima power cars and some new style Hornby coaches! That's what I'd like to do if my layout comes to fruition!

Any one for Windsor & Eton Central, original track layout (4 platforms, goods road and goods yard) although with modern post 1990 stock! :D

LucaZone

if you need any, I have one of the largest photographic references of the station from those days, as well as several signal and station plans. :)

HSTfan!!!

Established Member
anyone doing a 180 yet? I left the modelling scene a while ago but I wanted a 180 and a 222 when I was in to modelling.

trains2

No, but I don't see why a Voyager cannot be remoulded into a 180, and a 222 is basically a Voyager anyway. I think Bachmann had plans to do a 222 but they dropped it. Unfortunatley, multiple units of 4 cars or over never get produced unless they can be found throughout the country, e.g. the Voyagers. It'd be very unlikely that Bachmann/Hornby would produce a 377 for example. (Although saying that Hornby do have plans to build an early 400 series EMU, think it's a CEP.)

16CSVT2700

Established Member
trains2 said:
No, but I don't see why a Voyager cannot be remoulded into a 180, and a 222 is basically a Voyager anyway. I think Bachmann had plans to do a 222 but they dropped it. Unfortunatley, multiple units of 4 cars or over never get produced unless they can be found throughout the country, e.g. the Voyagers. It'd be very unlikely that Bachmann/Hornby would produce a 377 for example. (Although saying that Hornby do have plans to build an early 400 series EMU, think it's a CEP.)

Sorry for bringing this up but apparently the differences between a 220/221 and a 222 are too numerous to incorporate into the existing mold - according to Bachmann I think.

Pity. Wouldn't have minded a HT or MML 222

Simming

To make the 222 from the 220/221 moulding would require a whole new front end moulding.

The voyager model is quite sought after at the moment, as bachmann arn't realising any versions this year, so people have been buying them up.

Coxster

Established Member
TicketMan said:
On that note can anyone recomend a good, easy to build EPB kit?
I believe there are two four-car EPB kits and one two-car EPB kit made by 'Pheonix Models' but I don't think they have a website.

TicketMan

Cheers Simming. I did find a link to Phoenix which I posted here for anyone interested, however the post has not been approved. Presumably the mods are going over it with a fine toothed comb looking for hidden layers of sarcasm and spam ;)

Established Member
BIG NEWS!!!!

Bachmann have produced a pre production 4 CEP!!!!!! How cool!!! Due for release next year!!!!

Simming

The Boss's at work went up, and they said the model looks the buiness, about time too, should fill the gap in the market that, along with the 108 when its finally realised!

The 158 Man

Simming said:
The Boss's at work went up, and they said the model looks the buiness, about time too, should fill the gap in the market that, along with the 108 when its finally realised!

The way Bachmann mess about we'll be lucky to see either model in our lifetime! :tongue2:

16CSVT2700

Established Member
Simming said:

Whens the 166 coming back out??
I want one :(

The 158 Man

So far, this year, the 166 has gone from June, July, August and now it's September!!! :angry4: :angry4: :angry4: :-x :-x :-x

BLOODY HELL BACHMANN GET YOUR ACT TOGETHER!!!:thefinge:

Status
Not open for further replies.