• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

04:50 Wimbledon Park Depot Sidings - Dorking (5D97)

Status
Not open for further replies.
5D97 -(04:50 Wimbledon Park Depot Sidings - Dorking) formed of 2x455 has ran into a spot of bother between Ewell West and Epsom, a shopping trolley no less, currently blocking the down Epsom.. Signaller reports the trolley has been "welded" to the track...

P-Way and MOM enroute to site.

Gonna be a fun morning... :roll:

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

KTHV

I now have this mental image of the local scallies on the track at 3am with a "contribution" from the local Waitrose, an oxyacetylene torch and welding masks...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

najaB

Veteran Member
I now have this mental image of the local scallies on the track at 3am with a "contribution" from the local Waitrose, an oxyacetylene torch and welding masks...
It's pretty impressive what a couple thousand amps of 750VDC can achieve.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
It's pretty impressive what a couple thousand amps of 750VDC can achieve.
Just realised I assumed this is third-rail territory, is it?

PHILIPE

Veteran Member
On Sunday, 1W40 0834 Cardiff Cen to Manchester Picc struck two cycles thrown onto the tracks in the Cwmbran area. The driver managed to extricate them from underneath the front of the unit, checked and found just minor damage to an air-pipe but not enough to prevent it's performance. Continued with just 12 minutes delay. One of the luckier ones, this.

Last edited:

Deepgreen

Established Member

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wrong social group supermarket for scallies - but there is a Sainsbury's superstore close to the line between Epsom and Ewell East.

roversfan2001

Established Member
Once, I saw a foldable scooter laid flat (unfolded to near enough 180 degrees) across the Down Fast just after Leyland. A Pendo obliterated it, I checked on RTT and there was no delay to the service, which I was surprised by.

Peter Mugridge

Veteran Member
5D97 -(04:50 Wimbledon Park Depot Sidings - Dorking) formed of 2x455 has ran into a spot of bother between Ewell East and Epsom, a shopping trolley no less, currently blocking the down Epsom.. Signaller reports the trolley has been "welded" to the track...

It'll be Ewell West not East and the only overbridge anywhere between those two points is immediately to the south of Ewell West station.

Southern

Wrong social group supermarket for scallies - but there is a Sainsbury's superstore close to the line between Epsom and Ewell East.

Interesting as I counted about three Waitrose trolleys parked in various places on Rectory Road, Beckenham on Friday Night...then again, it is Beckenham ;)

Peter Mugridge

Veteran Member
The Sainsbury's ones tend to gather around the underpass known under the old system as bridge 9.

Since the rickety footbridge at that location ( bridge 9A ) was demolished a few years ago, they no longer tend to end up on the line.

The Sainsbury's ones tend to gather around the underpass known under the old system as bridge 9.

Since the rickety footbridge at that location ( bridge 9A ) was demolished a few years ago, they no longer tend to end up on the line.

Yes Peter, of course I meant Ewell West. Was just far too early in the morning for me to be properly switched on!
Thanks for reminding me! :oops:

Status
Not open for further replies.