• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

0634 Euston - BHM New Street?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kristofferson

Hi all,

I'm due to travel on this train regularly in future, does anyone know how busy it gets due to the fact it's a 4 car peak-time stopper on a long distance trip?

I've booked a First Advance ticket, so if anyone knows what the seating situation is like in First over the course of the journey, that would be helpful too.

Thanks! :D

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

gordonthemoron

Established Member
I catch it often between Berkhamsted/Leighton Buzzard and Milton Keynes and it's fairly empty on that stretch and there's never many people joining it at Milton Keynes. However, I expect it will get busier between Northampton and Birmingham.

Kristofferson

Thanks, travelled on it this morning and FC never really got busy, think it was full between Cov and Birmingham Intl and that's all.

dvboy: Yeah, I've travelled on it before. Advantages IMO are the quieter compartment, a guaranteed seat (where I board the train anyway) and slightly better seats. Pretty much like the Standard quiet coach on a Pendolino, really.

westcoaster

Established Member
Thanks, travelled on it this morning and FC never really got busy, think it was full between Cov and Birmingham Intl and that's all.

dvboy: Yeah, I've travelled on it before. Advantages IMO are the quieter compartment, a guaranteed seat (where I board the train anyway) and slightly better seats. Pretty much like the Standard quiet coach on a Pendolino, really.

Can you still recline the seats in first class on a 350.

dvboy

Established Member
I cut my finger trying to get a seat to recline. I gave up, I still don't understand how the mechanism works.

A0wen

On Moderation
LM 350 First Class is basically standard + electric sockets.

Not quite true - if you get penalised with a 350/2 you're in 3+2 seats in standard, whereas the 350/1s have 2+2 in standard.

Kristofferson

It's true that the train running this service is a 350/1, so you don't get the advantage of swapping 3+2 for 2+2 you would have on the 350/2s.

No idea on the seat recline. Tried it, gave up.

Interesting aside I noticed this weekend... Standard class in Electrostars has more legroom than LM 1st class!

Status
Not open for further replies.