• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

10 car 390?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

wls1

Appears to be an issue on avanti's end, ran 1S98 1930 from Euston yesterday 26th, ran as 390130 as a 10 car. Its inbound journey to Euston on 1A63 1635 MAN - EUS ran as 390130 as 11 coaches. An error with the info that is provided to RTT

Some guy

I saw this at Carlisle it was advertised on the screens as a 10 car voyager with first class at centre and rear and then it rolled in being an 11 car pendolino

Meyrick

There's an issue internally with the consist which is then being fed to TRUST and RTT.. Don't worry, it's still an 11-car. 69630 has gone walkies in the system.

Wyrleybart

Established Member
Appears to be an issue on avanti's end, ran 1S98 1930 from Euston yesterday 26th, ran as 390130 as a 10 car. Its inbound journey to Euston on 1A63 1635 MAN - EUS ran as 390130 as 11 coaches. An error with the info that is provided to RTT

Would have been impossible to shunt a coach out the formation in Euston as IIRC they are bar coupled.

Clouds

Was on 1A63 1635 Manchester Piccadilly to London Euston on the 25th - was definitely an 11 car despite the boards suggesting otherwise

Kaput

Didn't think it was even physically possible for 390/1's to run as anything other than 11 car (and 390/0's to run as anything other than 9 car) due to the layout of the motors and transformers.

hexagon789

Veteran Member
Didn't think it was even physically possible for 390/1's to run as anything other than 11 car (and 390/0's to run as anything other than 9 car) due to the layout of the motors and transformers.
I'm sure others will correct if I'm wrong, but the possible combinations are 8, 9 or 11-cars. 10 is, as you say, not possible.

Wyrleybart

Established Member
IIRC the 11 car units have an extra tranny car in the middle. When they were upgraded from 9s to 11s the extra pairs of cars were delivered as erm pairs. But also, there is a 25kV bus bar along the roofs of the cars which presumably uses rather large bolts to join the links together above the gangways. Certainly not something a shunter could do, but whether a "trailer" could be knocked out of the set and still run would presumably depend on whether the TMS could show the new formation.

Established Member
On RTT some of the 3-car 175s for TfW show the train misformed with a cab at one end, a cab in the middle and the train being driven from the middle coach's toilet.

Not to worry, knowing the electrics on the 175's I think the bog flush button will activate the brakes.

Danfilm007

On RTT some of the 3-car 175s for TfW show the train misformed with a cab at one end, a cab in the middle and the train being driven from the middle coach's toilet.

Not to worry, knowing the electrics on the 175's I think the bog flush button will activate the brakes.
Or given recent history, the bonfire button...

Nick Ashwell

It's the 170s as well

_toommm_

Established Member

That one is I believe (from memory of what has been discussed on here) an error in how the data is given to RTT. Tom I believe applied a fix, but it seems to have reverted back.

‘Rubbish in, rubbish out’, as is often quoted.

Purple Train

Established Member
That one is I believe (from memory of what has been discussed on here) an error in how the data is given to RTT. Tom I believe applied a fix, but it seems to have reverted back.

I seem to recall similar happening with Northern 319/769 and 323 units, though never with a 331. It seems to have been fixed now though.

Nick Ashwell

Slight correction, data/IT staff generally, even in the UK, use the American term, Garbage In Garbage Out (GIGO being the acronym)

Status
Not open for further replies.