• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

121/960s or 444s?

Bubbles or 444s?

• Bubbles (121s/960s)

Votes: 24 70.6%
  • 444s

Votes: 10 29.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Tom

It's just to try and put it into Nathan's head that 444s are crap.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Nathan

Well to be honest it's not really a good poll as the two trains in question were built to do different jobs, unlike the 444/442 poll.

Yeah, that is true. It is interesting to see some votes over the bubbles though.

Guinness

Established Member
Ever heard of each to their own??

This is getting sooooo tiring now!
:cwm10:

I agree. People have opinions about different trains and that's not just limited to Railways. If a 444 is 'Crap' then fair enough. What would be nice is a reason why they are 'Crap'....

I wouldn't really compare a 121 or any 1st Gen DMU to a 3rd Gen EMU anyway. It's like comparing iPods to CRT Screens, very little similarities!...

The Gricer

But you're comparing chalk and cheese. As much as I like the old DMUs I can't help thinking that you bubble lovers would soon change your minds if you had to commute from say Waterloo to Weymouth and back in a 121 on a regular basis. (Once the initial novelty wore off anyway!)

Therefore I vote 444 to help even the score a little in this nonsense poll!

Frank

Craig

Established Member
What would be nice is a reason why they are 'Crap'....
Just 'cos, apparently.

Whenever I've travelled on Desiro's I've always had a fairly pleasant journey, especially in the summer (there's nothing nicer that stepping onto a train with decent air con on a hot day).

Ascot

Established Member
If a bubble car came into Marston Green in the morning me and the rest of "the morning crew" would be like hell no. However if a 444 came then it's different as it appeals to us commuters. Oh and before you say Tom and co. I know 444s are 3rd rail and Marston Green isn't. End of the day it's sad having to compete with each other over a poxy view over a train. Get over it! Why on earth you need to prove more people think your view is more suited is beyond me. Anyhow whatev floats ya boat.

8) Big up Mark Land 8)

Techniquest

Veteran Member
Agreed, but that's the rail enthusiast world. Or, at least it is amongst the younger ones here.

I have voted 444s. Flame me all you want for that. I like 444s, I do not particularly like 121s. OK, so they are funky. I do enjoy a quick ride to the Bay and back off Queen Street, but I prefer the 444s as they are a different kind of fun, the luxury variety of fun. When it comes to the choice of bouncing around at a low speed on a 121 or at high-speed on a 444 sitting down with a comfortable seat, well the choice is bloody obvious!

Of course, if it were 444s vs (say) HSTs then the choice would be rather different!

I do agree with the others posting on this before me that comparing stuff to 444s JUST to try and annoy Nathan (you won't win that war, the 444 Mafia stands strong!) is getting incredibly old. I have voted in this one to make my opinions on 444s in this case known, I do not support the possibility of future polls such as '37s vs 444s' or whatever as they are all unfair comparisons!

Nathan

I do agree with the others posting on this before me that comparing stuff to 444s JUST to try and annoy Nathan (you won't win that war, the 444 Mafia stands strong!) is getting incredibly old.

Aye, we stand strong together! But why is it always me :(

Coxster

Established Member
Aye, we stand strong together! But why is it always me :(
Because you keep encouraging Tom? Let's face it, it doesn't take much to get him started does it :p I personally think these sorts of posts should now be put to rest, or held via MSN between the 3 or 4 parties (if that!) who actually care.

Jim

Established Member
at high-speed on a 444 sitting down with a comfortable seat, well the choice is bloody obvious!

Of course, if it were 444s vs (say) HSTs then the choice would be rather different!

You find 444 seats comfertable! I hate them, they are way to hard, out of intrest WSXFan, have you ever actually been on 1?

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
I don't think there's anyone else, who is, or has frequently travelled on a 121, on this forum. I used to travel almost daily on the 121 between Aylesbury & Princes Risborough when I was at school, whilst it was only a 20 min journey, I soon got tired of being shaken about due to poor suspension, having to put up with springs sticking into me out of the 1960s seats, listening to the noisy bus engine and being hit by draughts where the windows and doors don't close properly. Also being clambered over by those joining at intermediate stations because the seats are arranged by the doors.

http://www.railwaysonline.co.uk/121trip.php

class 313

Established Member
The Chiltern Bubble is very nice I must say!

Yet 444s are just utter crap like all the other Desiros

Daniel

Established Member
I like the 350s, only problem is no electricity sockets in standard class >_<

Daniel

Established Member
The 350 I had to Crewe didnt seem to have seats that were that uncomfortable!

Nathan

Because you keep encouraging Tom? Let's face it, it doesn't take much to get him started does it :p I personally think these sorts of posts should now be put to rest, or held via MSN between the 3 or 4 parties (if that!) who actually care.

Its the only thing he never fails to ask me "why do love 444s" it does get tiresome, he wont accept no for an answer.

I find the seats are comfortable. Even Tom got some shut eye for three hours, isn't that something? :lol:

Ascot

Established Member
Moves about an ich, doesnt feel any different to me, its the same on the 444s and 450s, the 442s at least u can feel it!

The 350 recline feels alot different to me, moves quite a bit as well. Let's say i would much prefer to travel home on the 19:52 than the 19:40 from London to Brum. Apart from how much i love VWC.

Coxter said:
Because you keep encouraging Tom? Let's face it, it doesn't take much to get him started does it

Lol agreed.

Techniquest

Veteran Member
You find 444 seats comfertable! I hate them, they are way to hard, out of intrest WSXFan, have you ever actually been on 1?

Yyyyyyyyyyes! (please, someone tell me where I am referencing this from!)

Two 444s I have bashed actually. One from Havant to Petersfield and one from Petersfield to Waterloo.

On BOTH trips I thoroughly enjoyed my bash on them. Good seats, good air-con, quiet ride, smooth ride and nice and fast. They also look soooooooooooo much better than 121s!

Status
Not open for further replies.