• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

1452 Liverpool - Norwich

Status
Not open for further replies.

PHILIPE

Veteran Member
SWT have taken the 158 to help increase capacity of the home fleet on the Weymouth area due to the olympics, they can't increase the use of 444's due to electric power restraints so are sending 159's down, so the normal 158 is most likely heading to Waterloo more now in place of a 159, meaning another is required for the FGW hire-in of which 158799 will work, it will start/finish at Salisbury everyday but most likely stick to that diagram
To clarify further:-
(1) SWT lease a 158 to FGW daily (ex Sundays) and works a diagram so that it can start and finish at Salisbury at night.
(2) SWT require additional 158 for Weymouth Olympics
(3) They hire 158799 from EMT but as SWT drivers will not work it in passenger service, as already mentioned in the thread,they find it convenient to use on the FGW lease diagram.
(4) FGW still have a 158 on lease from SWT and not from EMT as it is up to SWT to do as they wish with 158799 as it is in effect a SWT unit during the lease period.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

dk1

Veteran Member
I am actually booked on the 05.50 ex Norwich Saturday 18th - hope that the alarm clock works!

Plenty of room. As far as i am aware it is only a double unit because of heavy loadings Grantham-Nottingham & also as a balancing move to the recent & long overdue extension of the 13.52 Liverpool-Nottingham through to Norwich on Mondays to Saturdays.

eastdyke

Established Member
Plenty of room. As far as i am aware it is only a double unit because of heavy loadings Grantham-Nottingham & also as a balancing move to the recent & long overdue extension of the 13.52 Liverpool-Nottingham through to Norwich on Mondays to Saturdays.

Extra room may help account for £3.95 NRW-NOT (with RC) - bargain basement!

Status
Not open for further replies.