• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

16.00 glasgow central to london euston 23/9

Status
Not open for further replies.

Far north 37

Established Member
any ideas what type of unit works this usually is it a pendelino or voyagers

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

MidnightFlyer

Veteran Member
It has been a 390 whenever I have had cause to use it, though don't know if there is any variation for given days of the week...

Far north 37

Established Member
thanks guys i did see on rtt it was diagrammed for a 390 but you cant always go by that

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
thanks guys i did see on rtt it was diagrammed for a 390 but you cant always go by that
Technically it's a timing load but in the case of some train companies, such as Virgin, you are right that the timing load used is generally an indication of what a service is diagrammed for.

route101

Established Member
Are Glasgow to Euston via Birmingham services usually the 9 car pendos?

Peter0124

Established Member
Are Glasgow to Euston via Birmingham services usually the 9 car pendos?

9M48 - 5 car 221
9M51 - 9 car 390
9M53 - 5 car 221
9M55 - 9/11 car 390
9M84(9M57) - 11 car 390
9M59 - 9/11 car 390
9M61 - 5/10 car 221

May be wrong, but this is what I think they are usually operated by

Peter0124

Established Member
9M59 1600 Glasgow Central to London Euston today (23/09) for you is 390157 "Chad Varah"

berneyarms

Established Member
9M48 - 5 car 221
9M51 - 9 car 390
9M53 - 5 car 221
9M55 - 9/11 car 390
9M84(9M57) - 11 car 390
9M59 - 9/11 car 390
9M61 - 5/10 car 221

May be wrong, but this is what I think they are usually operated by

Any chance you could state what trains these are please, i.e. time and from where to where?

Try to bear in mind that the vast majority of us have no idea what headcode applies to what train.

Established Member
Any chance you could state what trains these are please, i.e. time and from where to where?

Try to bear in mind that the vast majority of us have no idea what headcode applies to what train.

It doesn't take a lot of effort to look it up yourself.

berneyarms

Established Member
It doesn't take a lot of effort to look it up yourself.

Well I think to be fair (and in line with the guidelines for posting here) I don't think it's too much to ask that people do post it in full.

I (and probably the vast majority of readers here) shouldn't have to go off and look it up.

Established Member
Well I think to be fair (and in line with the guidelines for posting here) I don't think it's too much to ask that people do post it in full.

I (and probably the vast majority of readers here) shouldn't have to go off and look it up.

If people are doing others the favour (like in this case) then I disagree.

Darandio

Established Member

I haven't seen the guideline that states people must post what you requested. Care to show it to us?

In the time it has taken you to sit there complaining, you could have had the information. It's out there for you.

Last edited:

Veteran Member
I haven't seen the guideline that states people must post what you requested. Care to show it to us?

The Forum rules about Accessibility cover railway jargon, which headcodes are (in this country). In this case, forum users might not know how to interpret a headcode.

Darandio

Established Member
The Forum rules about Accessibility cover railway jargon, which headcodes are (in this country). In this case, forum users might not know how to interpret a headcode.

Headcodes are posted here hundreds of times per week and don't seem to attract a snotty reply about having to spend time looking it up.

Now, if you are talking about random abbreviations, that is a completely different story.

berneyarms

Established Member
For the record I'm not complaining or in any way being snotty - I'm only suggesting that it might be a good idea that's all - just making it easier for people to follow!

The person who made the initial request actually made the point that they don't understand headcodes!

People need to calm down a bit - I don't think what I suggested was particularly excessive.

Not everyone is as clued in as others may be in how to look these things up.

Last edited:

Darandio

Established Member
Okay, lets start again, but bear in mind that when people are trying to help they may be limited in time, I don't see why there should be an onus on them to provide everything.

To help, on the services you requested, this is the RTT page for tomorrow by searching for all services out of Glasgow Central. http://www.realtimetrains.co.uk/search/advanced/GLC/2017/09/28/0000-2359?stp=WVS&show=all&order=wtt

Every one of those services is listed there (just use a browser search or similar) and shows the info you required.

Veteran Member
Headcodes are posted here hundreds of times per week and don't seem to attract a snotty reply about having to spend time looking it up.

Now, if you are talking about random abbreviations, that is a completely different story.

TLCs (Three Letter Codes) are widely used in public-facing websites but Forum policy is to explain them.
There are very few places where the normal punter will encounter a headcode, so there is an even stronger argument for translating them, even if it may take a couple of seconds longer. Or not, in this case, as it is a list of departures from Glasgow Central to Euston via Birmjngham.

Last edited:

Mag_seven

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
Okay, lets start again, but bear in mind that when people are trying to help they may be limited in time, I don't see why there should be an onus on them to provide everything.

In my opinion they should provide the proper train info (e.g. 12.00 Glasgow - Euston) then the headcode if they have time, not the other way round. You and I understand headcodes and where to get them but not everybody does. :)

Last edited:

Peter0124

Established Member

Sorry about that.

9M48 0550 Glasgow Central to London Euston
9M51 0800 Glasgow Central to London Euston
9M53 1000 Glasgow Central to London Euston
9M55 1200 Glasgow Central to London Euston
9M84(9M57 on weekends) 1400 Glasgow Central to London Euston
9M59 1600 Glasgow Central to London Euston
9M61 1740 Glasgow Central to Birmingham New Street

Hope it helps

Status
Not open for further replies.