• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

16-25 Railcard Time Restricrions

Status
Not open for further replies.

nunited4eva

First of all apologies if this question has already been asked and solved before:

Right so I am wanting to travel from Alnmouth to Middlesbrough next Monday. Normally I buy a super Off peak return at the price of £13.15 and travel after the 10am time restriction.

But for this particular journey I want to catch the 7:59am XC service to Darlington before then changing to the Midlesbrough train.

When I search on the East Coast website it says even with Railcard selected that I would be able to get an Off Peak Return and use this for 65p more costing £13.80.

So the question is.. will I still have to pay the minimum fare of £12.00 because will be travelling before the 10am time restriction or not?

(because according to the East Coast site it doesn't mention anything about me having to pay a minimum fare even though its before 10am)

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance. :)

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

SS4

Established Member
The £12 minimum fare is just that - a lower limit on the fare you have to pay. If the discounted fare is above £12 you will get the full discount as though it were after 10am.

As £13.80 > £12 then you will pay £13.80 and get the full discount (the minimum fare does not apply)

That ticket has impressive value. Compare with Edinburgh to Carlisle, my 'pet peeve' Off Peak Return, the same distance roughly but 2.5 times the price.

Status
Not open for further replies.