• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

18:17 Southport-Manchester Airport

Status
Not open for further replies.

M60lad

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Lampshade

Established Member
I'm guessing it was to form the return working, no passengers on board therefore enabling a quick turnaround at the airport.

MidnightFlyer

Veteran Member
Indeed, looking at the timings provided I'm not sure where else it could go at Picc for so long otherwise.

M60lad

As for where it could go, well there's the turnback siding at the back of Hyde Road Bus Depot and it wouldn't have been there for that long as its due out of Piccadilly at about 20:20.

One question I have about this is that despite them being late why do the Southports sometimes turn short at either Manchester Oxford Road or Piccadilly and other times they are seemingly allowed to run late and risk having a late departure from Manchester Airport, as I've said before I've been on this service many times before and its turned short when its been running late

I even see that yesterday's service from Southport ran through to the Airport, not sure with or without passengers as I wasn't on it last night but it ended up leaving 15 late from Manchester Airport

Status
Not open for further replies.