• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

180112 On 1A61!! It Lives

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

adamp

I went out to Retford to phot the GC 180, but i thought it had failed so put my camera away stupidly. Then it comes out of nowhere! I also saw the 91 pass slab end first while i was riding to Botany Bay, absolutely gutted i missed that shot!
Interesting pics though!
-Adam

wensley

Established Member
I went out to Retford to phot the GC 180, but i thought it had failed so put my camera away stupidly. Then it comes out of nowhere! I also saw the 91 pass slab end first while i was riding to Botany Bay, absolutely gutted i missed that shot!
Interesting pics though!
-Adam

Thanks for that. At Retford it is difficult as it won't show up on the passenger info system. The 91 is fairly unusual but I've seen 2 like that at Northallerton over a period of weeks.

Regarding the caption on that pic you managed to catch me out. I have obviously added the wrong pic as I did photograph its departure.

Never mind though. I'm spending a day at Northallerton with GNERman and another mate on Friday so hopefully there will be plenty of action!!

Interesting pics though!
-Adam

That is just plain unlucky, But I know what you mean, camera always seems to be in its bag when something exciting happens!
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Never mind though. I'm spending a day at Northallerton with GNERman and another mate on Friday so hopefully there will be plenty of action!!

Looking forward to seeing the results!

wensley

Established Member
That is just plain unlucky, But I know what you mean, camera always seems to be in its bag when something exciting happens!
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---

Looking forward to seeing the results!

Watch this space!!!!
3 of us with big cameras, tripods. Trains doing 125. Freight and HSTs. It should be fun that's all I'm saying!!!

Darandio

Established Member
Are you intending to be on platform 1 or 2? Let me know so I can stay over the other side minding my own business!!!! :D :D

Crossforth

Established Member
Speaking to someone the other day and when a 91 runs slab end first, apart from when at the DVT end, it's because the air-con is broken in the nose end and NXEC drivers refuse to drive without the air-con.

:lol::lol:

Crossforth

Established Member
That would be logical
Although I could imagine it gets quite noisy with a window open at 125mph
Actually, can they open the windows?

devon_metro

Established Member
1N28 was HST vice cart last night as the cart had a problem. Cart did the 1918 run instead!

Techniquest

Veteran Member
So we've already had a HST vice 180! Didn't take very long did it!

First of many no doubt, and there's that chap on here who reckoned the 180s would be much better with GC...:lol:

kelladam96

So we've already had a HST vice 180! Didn't take very long did it!

First of many no doubt, and there's that chap on here who reckoned the 180s would be much better with GC...:lol:

So? The point is that due to the flexibility of the fleet the service was not cancelled and still ran and the 180 was fixed, big deal. Just because you don't like them.

MCR247

Established Member
So? The point is that due to the flexibility of the fleet the service was not cancelled and still ran and the 180 was fixed, big deal. Just because you don't like them.

Grand Central. Big deal. Just because you like valentas & HSTs. ;)

Techniquest

Veteran Member

Not worried whether it ran or not (would have done if I'd been there mind!), but I recall GNERman saying something about this not happening very often as the 180s will be much more reliable now. Sorry but I still find that statement ridiculous.

180s are and always will be mutton dressed as lamb I'm afraid!

Status
Not open for further replies.