• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

2 x Signaller Positions, Stockton on Tees FTC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just noticed that NR are advertising for 2 x signallers in the Stockton on tees area FTC until June 2016. I presume they are FTC due to inevitable merge into York IECC. Can anyone offer any insight as to what internal movement is like in NR and your opinions on a potential move from a permanent full time job already on the railway? The big question, is it worth it?!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

pdbaggett

Good question, I'm starting on monday and going into crag hall my contract is only till jan although my manager told me they dont just train people and get rid of them when the contract runs out. In my case though it was a no question type of scenario i was working in a supermarket so just wanted to get out regardless and get something better on my C.V of courde i would love to make a life long career out of it but either way it was worth it for me.

TomBoyd

Just noticed that NR are advertising for 2 x signallers in the Stockton on tees area FTC until June 2016. I presume they are FTC due to inevitable merge into York IECC. Can anyone offer any insight as to what internal movement is like in NR and your opinions on a potential move from a permanent full time job already on the railway? The big question, is it worth it?!

pdbaggett is right, the training is hugely expensive for NR, and there are gaps all over the network that need filling. If you're willing to move, the internal list is full of fantastic, high grade jobs.

I love signalling, and I never knew I would. It's definitely worth it.

Status
Not open for further replies.