• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

221108 different

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peter Sarf

Established Member
While banging my head against a wall yesterday I noticed a difference on a super voyager. The front end of 221108 had the unit number higher up on the side - it was visible above the platform. Iirc it was was on the red coloured part of the side.

On closer inspection of where the number used to be I noticed the black skirt was different - sort of not so deep. I only noticed this because the end I was was looking at was coupled to 221105, so easy to compare. The red part covering each buffer(?) is also slightly deeper and looked newer.

I cannot be sure but the other end of 221108 seemed to be the same so maybe its not the result of front end damage ?. In any case the driver of 221108 can relax in the knowledge that spotters are not going to rush towards the train as it approaches.

I did a quick search before posting this but still expect someone to tell me - did you not know ? only 105 is left unchnged !.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

bb21

Emeritus Moderator
It would appear that many of Virgin's 221's have their fleet numbers repainted to the location you mentioned on observation.

Peter Sarf

Established Member
Thats interesting. I wonder if the other units with moved numbers have a differnt skirt below the red area. I compared carefully but must admit it is possible that I did not use a good enough angle of view.

dannyandy

It's something that virgin are rolling out across all their voyagers I think it was mentioned on wnxx a few weeks back, it has a revised front end valance and as you said the number has been relocated to further up the side. Hope this helps.

Condor7

It's something that virgin are rolling out across all their voyagers I think it was mentioned on wnxx a few weeks back, it has a revised front end valance and as you said the number has been relocated to further up the side. Hope this helps.

Thank goodness for that. :D

Dreadnought

From what I can remember 104, 108, 109, 112 & 115 have all been completed whilst 102 has the new valances at one end only!

cj_1985

looks rather similar to the type fitted to the class 222s, minus the lower cross over section between both sides

Status
Not open for further replies.