• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

27th October 2005 London Meet (Peterborough)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Julian G

Established Member
I arrived at West Brompton at 09:10
and waited for the Edgware Road train for Earl's Court
I got off at Earl's Court and boarded the Piccadilly Line Train with new seat covers <D to Green Park
I changed at Green Park for a Walhamstow-Central bound Victoria line train towards to King's Cross.
I arrived at King's Cross St.Pancras at 09:58
Then I spotted Jim, and i decided to introduce myself to him and Dennis
Then we walked to the ticket office, but there was a huge line for the ticket office
so we decided to buy the tickets from the ticket machine
Then a problem had sparked.
Dennis' credit card got stuck in the machine :o :o :o
(Yorkie was right, weren't you ;) )
So Jim went to see a GNER staff who did absolutely nothing but just opened the machine and that's it.
then the GNER staff went to call for another GNER staff, and still nothing worked, and then an engineer came in, all he just did, was reseted the program
So Dennis without his credit card
we decided to go to platform 6 for the GNER 10:30 Northern Lights to Peterborough
Jim did some heads out while the train was idle at the station
The train was quite crowded, but at least we found some seats <D
The train was quite slow at Welwyn Garden City
We arrived at Peterborough at 11:13 and we saw Yorkie waiting for us
we told him about the credit card incident and he said "I knew that was going to happen" So me and Jim rushed to the north end of the platform in order to take a photo of a HST leaving with clag <D
So went to platform 2 in order to take some photos of the Eurostar (11:34)
and Yorkie kept talking about the sun,the camera, blah,blah :P
We took photos of the Eurostar
then we went to platform 4 in order to get some good photos
but Yorkie was rather suprised that the Glasgow train did not turn up on the fast lines :o :o :o
We kept talking photos but then we decided to move to a different position
Jim and Dennis took their bags while I took Yorkie ( i had to be VERY careful with it :shock: ) and my bag
Eventually jim and dennis had gone to platform 2 for the 12:34 White Rose
but i told Yorkie that we need to get the train, so me and Yorkie walked up to the staircase and we then ran across the footbridge and we ran catching up Jim and Dennis.
We boarded the train, Jim was playing with the lights, and he put up an Exeter St.Davids Sign <D <D
Yorkie showed the old Rail Magazine, one from 1993 :o :o :o :o
we arrived at London King's Cross at 13:25 and we were looking for Coxster ,i had to look for joea1 ,but eventually Coxster came with joy54?!
(joy54?! :o :o that was a suprise! :o ) and joea1
Yorkie realised that we were not going to make the 13:36 WAGN train
so we boarded the 13:51 WAGN cl365 Milk Float train and got off at Finsbury Park
joy54 wanted to take a photo of the 14:00 HST to Aberdeen on another platform
so a 6 car cl313 arrived and we took it to Hornsey where we had bigger problems
there was a gang ,and they were following jim, and Yorkie decided to make it more worse by calling the police
i decided to take my mind off them by talking to Coxster, but we were disturbed by joea1 and joy54 shouting at Yorkie to hang up (oh dear :oops: )
then we took another 6 car 313 to Oakleigh Park where the problems were getting super bigger, someone had the idea to take a bus to Cockfosters, the others took the photos while i just sat down on the platform watching the trains
everything I saw the DVT, I said "Go on son, thrash up"
Then we boarded the 15:04 to Highbury & Islington
Then we decided to take the NLL to Camden Road, but on the NLL platform came a beautiful looking Skoda cl90043 hauling freight :P
and eventually we saw Seth
we boarded the Silverlink Tacky and Disgusting cl313
Yorkie kept on talking loudly ,that he even forgot that we were at Camden Road, so we stayed on the train until Willesden Junction.
We were stuck outside Willesden Junction and the train driver said "Signal Problems"
why are you lying! :x
that was to give priotiy to Silverlink 16:08 service from Kensal Reversing Siding
and eventually we arrived at Willesden Junction
and we got on the Bakerloo Line for Harrow & Wealdstone
or should i say the "BUMPY LINE" <D the announcements were quite loud, i will do my own recording of the announcement <D
we got off at Harrow and I rushed towards platform 6 while Jim and joea1 followed on
and Yorkie,Dennis,Coxster,Seth and Joy54 went to platform 5
to take photo of the Mail Train
my photo was streeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaamlined <( <(
and it sounded the horn at us, how dare they! :x
then me ,Jim and Joea1 decided to stay while we went to platform 5 to take photos of those Pendofreaks, Bungalinos, Dungalinos
well then joea1 decided to stay and wait for the next Silverlink train for Euston. The three of us quickly rushed to platform 2 for the Bakerloo line, I asked him , i wonder when the Bakerloo line for BVE4 will be released :idea: . We got off at Willesden Junction and decided to take photos of the trains and then we went up to Willesden Junction High Level and waited for the 17:38 for Clapham Junction , there was a lot of people waiting for the train, Jim got into the train quick in order to find some seats.
Jim and Dennis got off at Kensington Olympia while I continued my journey back to West Brompton
there that's my day :)

thanks to Jim for organising the london meet

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Dave A

I bet if I'd been at Hornsey I would of recognised a few of them from my old school! Did it go any further?

Sounds like an interesting and eventful day. I'm sorry I couldn't come, but as you may understand, I didn't really want to be seen photographing trains on "my patch" considering none of my mates have any idea or for that matter, even suspect I'm into this! Such as sad world we live in where cred is everything! :(

David

Met Driver

Established Member
It's a shame that Jim, Dennis and yourself didn't come with us to Paddington. We went on the 1851(?) FGWL service to Twyford which was formed of MkIIs with Class 57 haulage! 8) 8)

Jim

Established Member
1288gaje said:
Jim and Dennis got off at Kensington Olympia while I continued my journey back to West Brompton

I didn't expect you to stay on, I thought you were getting off :shock:

No problen, was it really a sucsess, another during christmas I think

TheSlash

Established Member
I hear a member involved with this meet has encountered some ticket irregularity problems and is now spending the night on a sleeper service

Jim

Established Member
Seth said:
It's a shame that Jim, Dennis and yourself didn't come with us to Paddington. We went on the 1851(?) FGWL service to Twyford which was formed of MkIIs with Class 57 haulage! 8) 8)

Our train home was 19.20 ;)

I would of if I could of.

Julian G

Established Member
Jim said:
1288gaje said:

I didn't expect you to stay on, I thought you were getting off :shock:

No problen, was it really a sucsess, another during christmas I think
how about a Norwich Depot Meet next time :)

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
How did I make it worse? They don't know I phoned the police, but they knew I was on the phone, and anyway they went away. If making them go away is making it worse, then what would make it better? lol

Anyway the actual incident cannot be discussed, the person at the centre of it does not want the details mentioned, however a video is available of the chav himself making a prat of himself.

The actual incident is best forgotten but feel free to laugh at the chav.

Julian G

Established Member
yorkie said:
How did I make it worse? They don't know I phoned the police, but they knew I was on the phone, and anyway they went away. If making them go away is making it worse, then what would make it better? lol

Anyway the actual incident cannot be discussed, the person at the centre of it does not want the details mentioned, however a video is available of the chav himself making a prat of himself.

The actual incident is best forgotten but feel free to laugh at the chav.
he was smiling/laughing at you when you took the photo of the White Rose

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
1288gaje said:
he was smiling/laughing at you when you took the photo of the White Rose
What's that got to do with it? and he wasn't, because he is in that photo <D

Note that this is the same photo as this , they're just cropped differently!! <D :lol:

hornsey_yobs.jpg

:shock:

Tomnick

Established Member
I would suggest he uses it to power his brain; however, thinking about it... ;) :lol: .

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
The gang like leader says, like:-

"Why you getting lairy trying to be like, what like and why swearing at me like you're some top dude like? You're face will get caved in round here, man!"

A video of him like, saying the above like, is available on request, like. ;)

Chris said:
He looks like he's got a solar panel on top of his baseball cap! :lol: :lol:

It does, and looking at the video it seems to be flapping about a lot, whatever it is.

Dennis

Established Member
trainlover123 said:
Note the disturbing position of the hands :shock:

Well, thats not so easily explained, any number of reasons, could be because they are *ankers or because they have nasty little rashes. I really don't know.

What I do know is that as a middle aged Wessex man, their attitude was wasted on me. Given the situation, everyone present did the right thing and no harm done in the end.

BTW - for a for a phot meet, a got remarkably few good shots. (some of this was my own fault - bought to larger memory card for the camera and then set it to the lowest resolution :roll:

heart-of-wessex

Established Member
dunno bout 'one-off' coxster, that was just an organization i done for you lot, however maybe done again for another christmas prezzie, maybe somehwere else :-P

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
glad to be of assistance. I must admit I did not notice it at all and had no idea. I was too busy concentrating on (a) getting a shot of the Eurostar, (b) getting them in the shot as well, and (c) keeping an eye out in case it turned nasty, which fortunately it didn't.

Yeah, we can all laugh now. :lol: Fortunately! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.