• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

313 Railtour?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fincra5

Established Member
Absolutely that is their right. However there is also no need for a taxpayer supported TOC to offer overtime to support special trains and they should not be whilst the current situation exists. There should be an absolute ban on special trains, rail tours loco moves etc.
Again, there is no impact or cost to the TOC with regards to this. Its operated as a Charity Railtour, with the profit (ticket sales, raffle, etc) going to 2 Charities. Those operating the tour are doing so voluntarily.

So your points are moot.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

bramling

Veteran Member
Absolutely that is their right. However there is also no need for a taxpayer supported TOC to offer overtime to support special trains and they should not be whilst the current situation exists. There should be an absolute ban on special trains, rail tours loco moves etc.

In the grand scheme of things the cost of an OT shift for a driver and guard is pennies. With most of the work being voluntary I can’t see it having much if any financial impact.

In any event, even if it did, I don’t have a problem with a tiny amount of subsidy going towards this. Better - in my view - than subsidising someone’s dodgy Delay Repay or housing benefit, and those enjoying the tour pay tax just like everyone else.

And of course it all pales into insignificance compared to the money wasted on stuff like the 442 debacle.

jamieP

Since when were locos involved in this tour?

I highly suspect the crews involved on the day will be doing it for free anyway. So maybe instead of criticising a TOC doing something good for a change you praise them and the staff for going out there way to make this run not just for the people wanting to travel on the tour but the charities that will benefit from it.

TheHSRailFan

Might as well say here that after 2 weeks and 3 days... the tour that was supposed to be "expected to fill very quickly" is now full. There is now a waiting list.

TheHSRailFan

2 weeks can be "very quickly" how "very quickly did you expect? Of course it was going to sell out
A day or 2, going by many other tours that have happened. There was a point where many felt like it wasn't going to sell out as we where told that a few people were refunding to go on the 321 tour when it was announced.

Islineclear3_1

Established Member
PTSO or platform depending on the weather
A day or 2, going by many other tours that have happened. There was a point where many felt like it wasn't going to sell out as we where told that a few people were refunding to go on the 321 tour when it was announced.
I used to commute on the GEML in the late 1980s/1990s. Now if a non-renatus unit had been returned to NSE livery for the tour, I might have changed my mind

Its_Gamestream

Hi . Will there be a 313 tour for when they go
Yes. The tour seems to be already planned. It is organised by the Branchline Society. More info beloew. (Sadly its on the same day as the class 321 farewell by greater anglia).

Saturday
29th April 2023

PEPs on Tour: Sussex Rambler

We are delighted to announce a charity railtour starting and finishing at Brighton. The charter, operated by Southern, will feature a pair of Class 313s and will mark the sterling service the 1976 / 1977 built units have provided.

We are delighted to announce a charity railtour starting and finishing at Brighton. The charter, operated by Southern, will feature a pair of Class 313s and will mark the sterling service the 1976 / 1977 built units have provided. The end of the line for the BREL York PEP stock is rapidly approaching, so we have put together a ‘Coastway’ special with unusual lines to enjoy! There will be an off-train lunch break of circa one hour at Littlehampton.

There will be no catering facilities on board but you are welcome to bring your own food and drink with you.

Remember there are no toilet facilities on a Class 313, so comfort breaks will be provided along the way. Consider the amount of fluid you consume carefully.

There will be a charity raffle, with all proceeds donated to Railway Children and Chestnut Tree House Children’s Hospice. The Network SouthEast Society will provide their well stocked sales stand, and a number of special souvenirs will be available to purchase.

All times and routing are indicative until confirmed by Network Rail. Final routing and timings are usually confirmed by Network Rail five days before travel and will be enclosed with your e-ticket.

Brighton P3 (PU 08.59) - Carriage Road - Preston Park P1 (RM) - Hove - Worthing - Havant - Fratton P3 - Portsmouth Harbour P1 (RM / 10.32 - 10.40) - Fratton P1 - Havant - Barnham P1 (RM) - Bognor Regis Middle Siding (RM) - Barnham P3 - Littlehampton P3 (break 12.04 - 12.58 / RM) - Arundel Jn - Worthing P1 - Hove P2 - Up Cliftonville Spur - Preston Park P1 - Haywards Heath P4 - Three Bridges P3 (RM) - Haywards Heath P2 - Lewes - Eastbourne P1 (RM / 15.08 - 15.14) - Hastings P3 - Ore Up Siding (RM) - Hastings P1 (RM 15.49 - 16.08) - Hastings Signal 70 (RM) - Bexhill (16.23 - 16.35) - Eastbourne P2 (RM) - Lewes Up Siding (RM) - Newhaven Marine (RM) - Lewes - Haywards Heath P1 - Haywards Heath Dn Siding North (RM) - Haywards Heath P1 - Keymer Jn - Brighton P3 (SD 18.32)

LiftFan

Tickets have been sent through to most people I believe now! Unfortunately I didn't realise we'd be assigned a carriage so didn't put in a request to be in a DM, ended up in a TSO (Coach B) instead.

prod_pep

Established Member
Tickets have been sent through to most people I believe now! Unfortunately I didn't realise we'd be assigned a carriage so didn't put in a request to be in a DM, ended up in a TSO (Coach B) instead.
I'm in coach B too (unfortunately), but I'm sure you'll be able to change carriage as required as the tour progresses. For example, on the Class 315 farewell I sat in all eight coaches, one for each leg of the journey.

Kite159

Veteran Member
I see they are following the example of the UKR tour to the London terminals and providing wristbands as an easy way to check tickets and to get access to station toilets at those stations where the toilets are the other side of the ticket gates.

Which is a good idea to hopefully reduce hassle from any poorly trained agency gateline staff

MrJeeves

Established Member
I see they are following the example of the UKR tour to the London terminals and providing wristbands as an easy way to check tickets and to get access to station toilets at those stations where the toilets are the other side of the ticket gates.

Which is a good idea to hopefully reduce hassle from any poorly trained agency gateline staff
...provided the staff are aware of the wristbands!

OliverH68

This did happen on the 455 farewell last year as well where wristbands were issued, I recall.

Herefordian

I'm in Coach D for this one.

Setting off for Brighton tomorrow afternoon.

My hotel was a bit dear, but it is what it is!

Status
Not open for further replies.