• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Crimson_Quiff

37109 worked faultlessly throughout the weekend, working it's booked turns no problem.

Unless the ELR's Diesel Theme Day on Saturday 5th November includes 37109 somewhere, last weekend was the loco's last passenger outing this year :(
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Here's a link to my photo site, shots of 109 last weekend (from the top, down) - http://fyldegrowler.weebly.com/370.html

Poss last outing of the year due to 109 having no heat available, think its still got its original clayton boiler from what i've heard just non operational:roll:

Crimson_Quiff

Poss last outing of the year due to 109 having no heat available, think its still got its original clayton boiler from what i've heard just non operational:roll:

I keep nudging Gunny to get that steam heat boiler working! When he first painted the loco Blue, that was his main priority and the boiler was a 'no no'. But since then he has 'thought about it'. So you never know...

The Snap

Established Member
Good old Gunny...:lol:

I smudged some of his wet paintwork on 20087 a few years ago...the air went blue!! :lol:

Crimson_Quiff

Good old Gunny...:lol:

I smudged some of his wet paintwork on 20087 a few years ago...the air went blue!! :lol:

To say the least! :lol:

I always remember a few years ago, when I was volunteering on the ELR, I was helping him in the first stages of the repaint into blue and he asked me to nip into the tool shed for a spanner and hammer. As I was in the tool shed (which is DEEP in the loco shed and with the shutters down) Gunny banged his head on the power unit and I still managed to hear him shout from where I was! (Not to mention Chris was INSIDE the loco as well!)
That's Gunny for you! :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.