• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

37884 whoopsie

Status
Not open for further replies.

trainmania100

Established Member
37884 had a coupling incident today whilst working Barrington wembley services.
Loco suffered some damage to the nose.
Can't find any other gen about it but seen pictures which I can't share due to copyright reasons
Looks like maybe it struck the wagons when running around the consist?
Does anyone have pictures please so we can get a discussion rolling?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

trainmania100

Established Member
Looks like it hit something pretty hard
It hit a 47- I forget which Rog 47 it was, although from the picture above, 47815. Not sure what damage the 47 suffered but probably as bad as the 37 to dent the 37 that hard
Both locos were damaged

hwl

Established Member
The 37 looks very bent. THe symetrical Z marks suggest that the 47's buffers climbed up henc ethe bend down nose on the 37.

Non Multi

If its livery is anything to go by, 884 will rise again like a (Euro)phoenix from the flames... ;)

XCTurbostar

Established Member
Might be a bit of old news now but 37884 is in progress of being fully repaired. Attached Image

Attachments

• upload_2018-4-28_11-30-56.png
    upload_2018-4-28_11-30-56.png
    631.6 KB · Views: 360

whhistle

On Moderation
...but seen pictures which I can't share due to copyright reasons
Copyright tends to lean more towards someone making a profit out of someone elses work.
Things like books, and to an extent art work means you can't particularly copy the work without permission.
But people do it all the time. You will have already broken copyright law in your life before and will do it again.
Stick a source next to the photo and you'll more than likely be fine.

Steve Harris

:)
Copyright tends to lean more towards someone making a profit out of someone elses work.
Things like books, and to an extent art work means you can't particularly copy the work without permission.
But people do it all the time. You will have already broken copyright law in your life before and will do it again.
Stick a source next to the photo and you'll more than likely be fine.

Hmmmm......

Copyright means just that. You cant copy it !! There's no particularly about it.

However, I will say this.

You are always better off asking the copyright holders permission and stating that you will clearly state who the owner of the material is, along with any relevant website links.

Why ?

Because, as an ex professional motorsport photographer who did have photo's copied from my website (which were watermarked) without permission and published on other websites without my permission.

I can categorically say that if the persons had asked and said they would link to the source of the photo it would of been fine. But as they couldn't be bothered and gave a b*lls**t excuse when challenged, i really had little choice other than to request that they were removed.

You are right in stating that its more to do with financial matters.
As basically it amouts to walking into a newsagents and nicking a 2p lollipop. In the grand scheme of things its only 2p (which the newsagent maybe able to afford writing off). BUT its still theft.

However, as i said above, if the copyright holder is going to get free advertising from it (so potentially a benefit i.e.both parties win), your more likely to get a far more positive response :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.