• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

380 in Britain NOW!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peter Sarf

Established Member
Last 7X80 is on its way. Passed throgh London to Wembley this afternoon (4/7/2011). Should be on its way North now.

Got em all in London and I can say I am very very glad its over. Worst bit of Spotting (bit ?) I have ever done :(. Nicer, cheaper and easier to go to Scotland. Guess where I am going tomorrow !:oops: .

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Crossforth

Established Member
Last 7X80 is on its way. Passed throgh London to Wembley this afternoon (4/7/2011). Should be on its way North now.

Got em all in London and I can say I am very very glad its over. Worst bit of Spotting (bit ?) I have ever done :(. Nicer, cheaper and easier to go to Scotland. Guess where I am going tomorrow !:oops: .

I'm hoping to see some when I go up to Edinburgh on Wednesday and when I come back on Friday :D

Peter Sarf

Established Member
I'm hoping to see some when I go up to Edinburgh on Wednesday and when I come back on Friday :D

There are four Edinburgh etc diagrams. 3 stay overnight in Edinburgh. One comes from the West (from Depot via Glasgow Central) for the morning peak. A different one goes West (to Depot via Glasgow Central) after the morning peak and returns for the evening peak but is possibly a different unit (same diagram number). One goes West after the evening peak (to Depot via Glasgow Central). So two (or one ?) changes during the day from previous evening peak. They will be from the range 380101-380108 as these are the only NRN fitted ones. Have to be NRN to go East of Carstairs.

Last edited:

kennythelad

There are four Edinburgh etc diagrams. 3 stay overnight in Edinburgh. One comes from the West (from Depot via Glasgow Central) for the morning peak. A different one goes West (to Depot via Glasgow Central) after the morning peak and returns for the evening peak but is possibly a different unit (same diagram number). One goes West after the evening peak (to Depot via Glasgow Central). So two (or one ?) changes during the day from previous evening peak. They will be from the range 380101-380108 as these are the only NRN fitted ones. Have to be NRN to go East of Carstairs.

Am I right in assuming two sets are on North Berwick and one on Dunbar turns. Is there no spare unit at Slateford during the off peak?
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Answered my own question. Just found the diagrams on scot-rail.

http://www.scot-rail.co.uk

SC318250

There are still 2 Class 380 diagrams operated by Class 322. The 2 Class 380 diagrams in operation are the one tha starts from Corkerhill in the morning, and also the one that finishes at Corkerhill in the evening. The other 2 diagrams are still booked Class 322 (including the one that runs to Corkerhill during the day)

There will be one spare Class 380 sitting at Haymarket platform 0, however it has been stabled in the west mddle siding also

If you really want to see a 380, Glasgow Central is definitely the place to be. You should see quite a lot around platforms 11 - 15.

Don't go on a Sunday though. With the replacement buses between Glasgow and Paisley Gilmour St, there's nothing on platforms 11-15.

SC318250

Reported on Scot-rail yesterday that due to the Tall Ship races this weekend, that up to 30 of the Class 380 will be in service this Saturday. 28 in the west and 2 in the east.
There may well be the appearance of Class 318 due to a sortage of Class 314, as there are a few Gourock services booked Class 314. Wonder if the shortage of Class 314 is why 318251 has remained at Corkerhill.

rail-britain

Established Member
Don't go on a Sunday though. With the replacement buses between Glasgow and Paisley Gilmour St, there's nothing on platforms 11-15.
Also avoid Monday 18 July, as above no service between Glasgow and Paisley GS

SC318250

Well chosen Monday to do the work being Glasgow Fair Monday. Trains should be quieter that day in the normal rush hours.

I am guessing Paisley Canal trains will be 4 cars these days
ignore bit about Paisley Canal, as just seen they are caped also
reported on scot-rail. 380101 derailed in Ayr Townhead

rail-britain

Established Member
bad luck. Dammaged?
Very unlikely, as the line speed is very low
Will be quite similar to the Class 320 derailment at Yoker recently
An overnight movement to Shields may be required at low speed, but they simply examine it in place

Damien1986

I was in Edinburgh on Friday 29th July and got the 1825 Scotrail train from (1750 ex North Berwick) to Motherwell and it was my first time on a class 380 and I must say I was very impressed-they were comfortable and they had a table.They are now my second fave unit alongside the class 318 units and are far superior to the class 334 emus!

CarterUSM

Established Member
I like them also from a working perspective. Also very quick, comfortable and spacious. The saloon seats aren't particularly comfortable however.

Pumbaa

Established Member
Mostly the ability to operate the doors from within each coach, as opposed to just the cab on the 322.

Is it a PA set and control panel in each vestibule, or one PA and panel in a vestibule on opposite sides of the coach?

CarterUSM

Established Member
Panel with PA in vestibule, opposite sides of coach. Controls on cab bulkhead also, though they're never to be used. Ever!

CarterUSM

Established Member
Manglement orders to keep you out of your cab?
Perhaps! Though that has never been stated officially . Not that my portion of the journey is terribly busy anyway. We've no control of anything in the cab either, NRN, emergency plunger and parking brake apart .

Status
Not open for further replies.