• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

390033 City of Glasgow disposal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Peter C

Established Member
What's the whole deal with the coaches that made their way to Moreton? I assume they were sent for training (what else at the Fire Training College), but why were these two coaches sent, when Moreton is nowhere near a Pendolino? Or do the people training there go around the country?...

-Peter

Peter C

Established Member
They do indeed. It's also supposed to represent a level crossing so it doesn't really matter.
Oh OK - thanks. I don't know much about the Fire College, but was interested to read in my Rail Guide that they had part of a Pendolino! :)

-Peter

Only external view that can be found on the internet AFAIK

Thought I'd share a view of the front end structure on one with the nose cone removed...

48671647891_c12731cf42_z.jpg

FFFC 57

The 2 vehicles 69133 & 69833 from Class 390 Pendolino 390033 at Crewe Training Centre. 2018View attachment 68065

Be interesting what First Trenitalia do with everything in the future!!
Will First Trenitalia take over the training centre, or does it belong to Virgin? Removing those vehicles would be no easy task.

EE Andy b1

Established Member
Will First Trenitalia take over the training centre, or does it belong to Virgin? Removing those vehicles would be no easy task.

Nobody knows what will happen until First Trenitalia let it all out of the bag.
Could be soon, could be December. No need worry about HS2 part now for a while.

driver_m

Established Member
There’s something in Rail Mag pinned up at ours saying there’ll be training places at Rugby Carlisle and Stoke. Now whether that is a replacement for Tatton House I’m not sure. All gone very quiet since the initial announcement. Plus it’s Rail as well so I’d take it with a bucket of salt, never mind a pinch.

gimmea50anyday

Established Member
Staff will always need training so can't see Crewe being binned just as GNER/EC/VTEC/LNER retained York's training facilities. Not sure if Janet Richards is still involved at Crewe, as she was one of the senior trainers there, but will be interested to see if Richard Holliday takes the step up to there from his current role with TPE at Huddersfield.

Status
Not open for further replies.