• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

43384 repainted into Intercity executive livery.

Status
Not open for further replies.

realemil

Apologises if this is the wrong section!

A recent tweet went out about PC 43384 being painted into Swallow Livery inside Laira Depot, seen here -
https://twitter.com/stpeterslayout/status/1509517276663496709?s=20&t=blcCwvkktfLWlDnVRe1_Jg

This would explain why it's been out of service for a bit and whatnot.

Has anybody else got any information on this PC?

edit -
The tweet has since been deleted as this isn't meant to be public knowledge - here is a picture nonetheless

Attachments

• FPLh9VTXEAIVQlN.jpg
    FPLh9VTXEAIVQlN.jpg
    176.4 KB · Views: 663
Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

On Moderation

DanNCL

Established Member
Does seem rather bizarre that this has emerged on the same day as some Mark 4s have appeared outside Wabtec in the same livery…

realemil

Does seem rather bizarre that this has emerged on the same day as some Mark 4s have appeared outside Wabtec in the same livery…
Apparently, it wasn't meant to be public knowledge, but it's strange indeed.

Seems like it's all hush-hush now.

Thunderer

Does anyone know yet why 43384 is being retro painted? I do know it was delivered to Plymouth LA on around 25/2/82 as part of XC set 253051, so perhaps its for its belated 40th anniversary? Its really most unlike Arriva to do anything special to its train fleet, so the plot thickens :smile:

irish_rail

Established Member
I'd say this will definitely go Executive and not swallow. Or is it a tweet supposed to be viewed tomorrow and went out today in error?!

I wonder if the article linked below from the begining of this month on the 125 Group's website may give a reason for a repaint of a power car?

https://www.125group.org.uk/visit-and-donation-from-crosscountry/

David Jones and John Robson from Crosscountry trains visit our set with a kind donation of several hundred first class headrest covers (antimacassars). During the visit, the opportunity was taken to test fit these to one of our first class coaches (image below) as well as discuss the possiblility of future collaboration, especially as May 2022 sees the 40th anniversary of BR’s introduction of HSTs on the North East – South West/South Wales services. Many thanks to Crosscountry for the kind donation which will be put to good use.
Image of First Class coach interior with XC Antimacassars fitted

jj1314

Something caught my eye from 1V74 this afternoon, about 1214 or so, looking to the west.

I don't know if it's "new news" nor want to spoil any surprises if so, but I'm a big fan! Suspect I won't be the only one...

TT-ONR-NRN

Established Member
Something caught my eye from 1V74 this afternoon, about 1214 or so, looking to the west.

I don't know if it's "new news" nor want to spoil any surprises if so, but I'm a big fan! Suspect I won't be the only one...
I think you’ll find on this forum people prefer to know than to be given a surprise ;)

spookywestie

12:14 off Crewe? Sounds like it could have possibly been LSL’s 43049.

On Moderation

Did it look like this?

https://flickr.com/photos/[email protected]

Sorry to burst the bubble, but that's old news!

The subject of this thread is at Laira, not Crewe.

XCTurbostar

Established Member
43384 is still very much at Laira TMD. Judging by how slow it's been for exams and re-paints it will probably be June before it re-appears.

jj1314

43049 it was. Good detective skills! Didn't want to spoil any potential surprises given some of the posts upthread. My favourite livery on the class 43 - did a double take upon seeing it.

Bertie the bus

Established Member
43049 in Swallow is unlikely to surprise many people. It was released from Neville Hill in that livery last November.

jj1314

I can't speak for you all, but it surprised me. The last time I saw a class 43 in swallow livery was at the Old Oak Common open day in 2017!

Not many HSTs in my neck of the woods, unfortunately. I'll keep any future excitement to myself

_toommm_

Established Member
I can't speak for you all, but it surprised me. The last time I saw a class 43 in swallow livery was at the Old Oak Common open day in 2017!

Not many HSTs in my neck of the woods, unfortunately. I'll keep any future excitement to myself

EMR repainted one of their powercars into Intercity Swallow, 43102. My photos are too large to upload, so here's one from the 125 Group:

Status
Not open for further replies.