• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

442 Wessex

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know if the 442 (Wessex) has a running diagram for Saturdays??? I know I have asked something along this line before but what with the last timetable change I was wondering if they have started to run on Saturdays yet ????

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

ChampsRacing

Ive seen the odd 442 on saturdays im pretty sure there is 1 diagram on saturday but most of the diagrams ar 460s still

NSEFAN

Established Member
There was one running last Saturday. I guess it will gradually increase as the 460s are due to be replaced.

Does anyone know if the 442 (Wessex) has a running diagram for Saturdays??? I know I have asked something along this line before but what with the last timetable change I was wondering if they have started to run on Saturdays yet ????

Was wondering if anyone could help me out with the same question but for weekdays ??? Do the 442’s run on the Gatwick Express or do they mainly serve Brighton ?

Fincra5

Established Member
From may(?) you will see a lot more of them In/Out of Brighton. When they are said to be taking over some off-peak Brighton-Victoria express' (Mainly the services on the weekends which the 377/3s do).

ChampsRacing

I went out pig spotting start of march and managed to catch 3 pigs in service around 12ish at clapham junction

Drsatan

Established Member
I went out pig spotting start of march and managed to catch 3 pigs in service around 12ish at clapham junction

That's right, when the 442s were first introduced they were rather unfairly maligned as 'plastic pigs'. Now I'd like those plastic pigs back where they belong on the SWML!

acg5324

There is currently one VIC to GTW diagram on saturdays, starts off on the 0515 ex Victoria. And the sunday diagram also starts off with the 0515 ex Victoria.

turbo mick

wessex pigs were busy yesterday at gatwick saw 2 10 car sets on the vic gatwick run and later in the day running on the vic brighton run.

Status
Not open for further replies.