• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

56's in eastleigh east yard

Status
Not open for further replies.

TIMEPLANE

Evening All
Tneres two 56's have turned up in the East yard.. I saw them there this morning, but in an awkward place where it was impossible to ID the loco numbers! Can anyone assist please?
TA

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

robertbishop

56059 and 56095. Were allocated to 6V27 to be moved north, but never happened. Could go tomorrow though.

NSEFAN

Established Member
They've been in the yard since at least Saturday evening. I would imagine they are going to be hauled rather than hauling! :lol:
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
For anyone who is interested, the grids left today behind 66137 on the 6V27 Eastleigh-Hinksey, then on the 6M28 Hinksey-Bescot. I wasn't able to go and see it sadly, but did anyone here get some shots? :)

shedman

When the locos come back over are they still runners? I remember a while back I was on the sleeper reversing at Wembley and there was a few 56s dumped there. Are they just shut down, dumped and left to rot like the first time they were taken out of traffic?

NSEFAN

Established Member
Being out in the open probably doesn't do them any favours. Obviously they are not desperately wanted.

matt

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
Not by DBS maybe, their compeitors might be interested but DBS won't put them out to tender!

The 56s were put out to tender and the scrapman's bid won. I believe the ex-br locos have to be sold via tender when they are being disposed of by DBS.

trainspotter

These two 56's are at bescot shed, well they was Friday when I took photos of them.

Have a look at the album called Bescot to Water Orton on the link below.

fgwrich

Established Member
Picture on WNXX

http://www.wnxx.com/news/index.htm

TJT convoy...
Stockton bound 56059 and 56095 (both WNSO) are on their way to Stockton having being moved north from Eastleigh to Bescot yesterday

Bescot Grids...
56059 and 56095 (both WNSO) have been moved up from Bescot Yard to the siding near the back of the depot. It is looking like transfer by road forward from Bescot to Stockton is planned for these two

Shame, thats another few 56s going going and gone...

Status
Not open for further replies.