• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

5Z15 19:40 Etches Park - Etches Park

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tomnick

Established Member
Anyone got any idea what this is, this evening? Five 15x units (nine vehicles in total) allocated to it, for a circular tour of the East Midlands.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

sonic2009

Established Member
Anyone got any idea what this is, this evening? Five 15x units (nine vehicles in total) allocated to it, for a circular tour of the East Midlands.

I think the timings are based on those units, not actually going to be one of those units AFAIK.

MCR247

Established Member
Maybe route training etc for the Nottingham blockade as various "round the houses" ECS movements will be required?

Qwerty133

Established Member
Maybe route training etc for the Nottingham blockade as various "round the houses" ECS movements will be required?

But why would that require 9 vehicles and would surely need to repeated by each type of stock as 158s are faster than 156s which seem faster than 153s (as a passenger).

Tomnick

Established Member
I did wonder whether it was something to do with the Notts blockade (route learning for those circuitous ECS moves, for drivers who don't sign Norwich?), but taking a nine-car set to do it seems a bit excessive!
I think the timings are based on those units, not actually going to be one of those units AFAIK.
TRUST is showing five units allocated to it - the RTT link only shows that it's timed for a 15x set of some sort.

sonic2009

Established Member
TRUST is showing five units allocated to it - the RTT link only shows that it's timed for a 15x set of some sort.

I don't have access to TRUST, so that's why i thought it would be only one unit.

Tomnick

Established Member
But why would that require 9 vehicles and would surely need to repeated by each type of stock as 158s are faster than 156s which seem faster than 153s (as a passenger).
Route knowledge is route knowledge - it's not traction specific, so no need to repeat the exercise for each type of unit. A route of this length would need more than just a single trip though!

It's on the move anyway - just left Peterborough, formed 158/156/158/156/153.

Status
Not open for further replies.