• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

66746 Royal Scotsman Livery

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

fgwrich

Established Member
Or, indeed, not very interesting at all! :D

:lol:

True! I suppose there probably isn't much need to go above 75 on such a dining type trains, but we do need to remember that despite it's name, the Belmond Royal Scotsman isn't just confined to Scotland. Last summer when it was up in Edinburgh it had just operated to Kings Cross and back. And does tour around the country to places like Bath/Bristol and onwards.

Fair play to GB for branching out but I do have my few small reservations about this and using a 75MPH Shed. Unless GB have a few more tricks under their sleeves planned and go in for hiring more 47s (They could operate 57s but DRS Has snapped most of those up!)

Am I also right in thinking that this Shed must be going on for a 47832 record - Most liveries ever carried so far on a 66? DRS/ADVENZA Freight / Colas Rail / GBRF / GBRF* / Royal Scotsman?

*Have a feeling this one's been repainted twice under GB?

Ianigsy

Rather like West Coast's maroon, I think part of the point is that the colour makes the diesel look unobtrusive hauling a set of maroon coaches (particularly if they have a steam-hauled leg on the Strathspey, for example). I have a soft spot for GBRf's 66s as they do go to some trouble to make sure that they don't all look anonymous and identical.

A few years back I had a few days in Scotland- as I changed trains at Edinburgh the Royal Scotsman was loading, but I thought little more of it. Later that same day my Inverness train was held at Thornton Junction for it to pass, then over the course of the next few days I saw it at Inverness, Dingwall, Broomhill and Perth! The last was probably the least flattering appearance, as the staff were offloading dozens of black plastic bin bags while their passengers were presumably on an excursion.

Harbornite

Established Member
66743 has also been painted into Royal Scotsman livery.

13239975_1017394568343483_6381694176515717411_n.png

https://www.facebook.com/GBRailfrei...6957.412897192126560/1017394568343483/?type=3

http://mainlinediesels.net/index.php?nav=1000001&lang=en&id=8931&action=shownews#.V0ie5pErLIU

Status
Not open for further replies.