• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

73s at Horsham

Status
Not open for further replies.

samj

Hi all,

2 x 73s were parked up in the MPV sidings at Horsham on Thursday. Does anyone know if these will be running permanently out of Horsham?

Many thanks, Sam

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

physics34

Established Member
I know they are covering some of the Horsham based MPVs which apparantly are "falling apart".

Bigfoot

There was talk of the SWT drivers learning the routes out of Horsham last spring for leaf fall this year. Not that anything came of it. As far as I know swt driving and the alliance working to maintain the MPV's has been very successful in comparison to years previous.

arty762

There was talk of the SWT drivers learning the routes out of Horsham last spring for leaf fall this year. Not that anything came of it. As far as I know swt driving and the alliance working to maintain the MPV's has been very successful in comparison to years previous.

Been very succesful apparently, just heard that the are increasing the usage of the MPV fleet to include other jobs out of season , the first is to be using an MPV to go round picking up all the left over rail after engineering works.

Fincra5

Established Member
Semi related.. There are a couple of 66s out on MPV Duties aswell today.. As someone spotted at Lewes.. Along with the 73s I saw At Brighton earlier.

bigdelboy

I seen a pink SWT MPV at Guildford Tuesday ... Pink! No wonder they fall apart at the thought of being pink or threat of being painted pink!

What is the reason for this? I know they look ugly to me. If I was pink I think i'd just stay hidden in the sheds at Effingham junction!

ExRes

Established Member
Semi related.. There are a couple of 66s out on MPV Duties aswell today.. As someone spotted at Lewes.. Along with the 73s I saw At Brighton earlier.

Saw the tail 66 heading south through Three Bridges this morning, the T&T 73s were heading north from Three Bridges at around 0830

arty762

I seen a pink SWT MPV at Guildford Tuesday ... Pink! No wonder they fall apart at the thought of being pink or threat of being painted pink!

What is the reason for this? I know they look ugly to me. If I was pink I think i'd just stay hidden in the sheds at Effingham junction!

i hear it was painted pink and named after the last depot manager at Wimbledon by the Director of engineering as a joke , but don't quote me on that

Bigfoot

I was told it's the head of Fleet's favourite colour even named after him too..

arty762

the unit was ordered painted pink by head of fleet engineering and named after a recent depot manager at wimbledon as it was known he hated the colour pink.

Status
Not open for further replies.