• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

8 car

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sharpie

if a driver has a 8 car fcc at yard and has to get to the other end how does he do it

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Sharpie

thanks, also how does he lock the doors when the train terminates and goes onto a yard

Sharpie

when he walks down a train all i see is the doors close how does he do it

Established Member
takes the key out and locks the cab door, if its in a yard he could walk along the train to through the train

Royston Vasey

Established Member
Hi train, good to have you with us, welcome to the forums! How come you're so interested in FCC operational activities, diagrams and locations? Are you making a model layout, a simulation, are you looking for photo spots, or are you just interested?

Just wondering as you've posted some specific FCC threads but wondered why you were so interested!

Also maybe a single thread would be a more efficient way of finding these things out?!

Sharpie

Well I'm looking for train spots to get photos of lots of FCC trains at the same place, and I always travel on FCC.

Royston Vasey

Established Member
Well I'm looking for train spots to get photos of lots of FCC trains at the same place, and I always travel on FCC.

Ah ok, so although trains may terminate at Royston, Hitchin etc that won't be too much good for you.

Hornsey would be a suitable kind of location, it's adjacent to the main FCC (Great Northern) depot.

A quick Flickr search shows some examples of what you might be able to capture from public areas (these aren't my photos)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mattbuck007/sets/72157621963564298/

This one in particular!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mattbuck007/3793962288/in/set-72157621963564298/

PS ignore this lot!

Status
Not open for further replies.