• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

96 Stock's first motor like a 465?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SouthEastern-465

Established Member
I was on the jubilee line the other day and when I when I boarded the tube train(96 stock) and it started to pull away the first motor sounded like the traction motor of a un-enginered Class 465 "Networker" has anyone else noticed this aswell?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Fincra5

Established Member
I was on the jubilee line the other day and when I when I boarded the tube train(96 stock) and it started to pull away the first motor sounded like the traction motor of a un-enginered Class 465 "Networker" has anyone else noticed this aswell?

yh :) they are very similar motors.

starrymarkb

Established Member
1996 stock uses the same GEC Alsthom GTO traction pack as the 465/2 and 466s. 465/0 and /1 had Brush GTO gear and now have Hitachi IGBT traction (but keeping the Brush Motors)

1995 stock has newer IGBT traction. The spec for the 1996 stock specified GTO

SouthEastern-465

Established Member
1996 stock uses the same GEC Alsthom GTO traction pack as the 465/2 and 466s. 465/0 and /1 had Brush GTO gear and now have Hitachi IGBT traction (but keeping the Brush Motors)

1995 stock has newer IGBT traction. The spec for the 1996 stock specified GTO

Thank's for ansering quistion starrymarkb it is appriciated!

Status
Not open for further replies.