• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

A career as a signaller

Billyc87

Hi all, does anybody know what shift patterns oakham do? Also as a relief what other boxes you would be covering?
Thanks

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

amanda08

Hi all, does anybody know what shift patterns oakham do? Also as a relief what other boxes you would be covering?
Thanks
Hi
I've just been offered one of the relief jobs at Oakham (due to start training 27 july). Not sure if all reliefs cover the same boxes but I was told the boxes between Frisby and Uffington.
It's an 8 hour pattern (no booked Sundays) The sample roster the LOM sent me is pretty decent for an 8 hour -i've seen some bad ones on here so I was relieved with the one i'm likely to get!

Have you been offered the position? Good luck if you are still going through the process :)

Billyc87

Thanks for your reply and no i have just passed the shl tests and I am hoping to here something regarding an interview soon, congratulations on being offered 1 of the positions

89jordanbj

It seems the advert for the G7 positions at TVSC has closed 2 days early.. Plenty of applications for manager to sift through by the looks! Yet another agonising wait incoming to hear if I've bagged an interview. Good luck to anybody else who has applied

amanda08

How long was your wait between passing your tests to being asked for an interview if you don’t mind me asking? Also what was the location of the interview?
About a week after closing date I received email saying I was to be interviewed. And it was done online due to Covid so that was easy

HamSandwich

Well it’s either today or tomorrow we all hear back on our North & East future opportunities applications. Good luck to everyone!

I get the feeling that it'll be tomorrow, now that the morning has gone. Best of luck, and I hope that we all hear the news we're hoping for.

iamdavid

With regards to the North and East opportunities I would be annoyed if they send you an email telling you you're application has been excellent then knock you back for one of 60 roles! But I guess we'll have to see what happens tomorrow!

Questiontime

Afternoon everyone,

Just had a phone call from HR with a verbal job offer for the North East future opportunities. I'm excited to get going now.

Id just like to say thanks to everyone's valuable input on this thread it certainly helped.

Best of luck to everyone else who applies.

iamdavid

Afternoon everyone,

Just had a phone call from HR with a verbal job offer for the North East future opportunities. I'm excited to get going now.

Id just like to say thanks to everyone's valuable input on this thread it certainly helped.

Congratulations! Glad you got the role you wanted (not jealous at all). I'd given up expecting to hear anything today but now I patiently wait by my phone.

Mi&Li

Afternoon everyone,

Great news QT, well done! Hope to get the same news!!

Mega

Afternoon everyone,

Congratulations. I got a call from HR too for an entry level signaller role I applied for. Verbal offer, nothing more.
Were you told your start date?

Questiontime

Congratulations. I got a call from HR too for an entry level signaller role I applied for. Verbal offer, nothing more.
Were you told your start date?

Congratulations.

I was told a provisional start date of 5th October but that is subject to change. Were you told a start date?

Mega

Congratulations.

I was told a provisional start date of 5th October but that is subject to change. Were you told a start date?
Same date as yours. Network was quite poor and was too excited, could hardly hear him. Congratulations once again. Any specific post for you?

Briggs0592

Hi Guys. New here. I'm one of many who are also eagerly and anxiously awaiting news on the North East future opportunities. Somewhat agree with an earlier comment above in regards to an email stating I was in high bracket of scorers. Be gutted if it wasn't to be. But hey ho.shall wait and see. Fingera crossed for tomorrow. Congrats to the guys who have received there job offers.

amanda08

Has anyone gone from train manager/conductor - to signaller - or vice versa?

What would you say are the pros and cons of each, when comparing? Any regrets for changing?
Thanks

Just wanted to add another ‘Thanks to the thread’ post.
Chuffed to have got one of the successful North East phone calls today which wouldn’t have happened if I hadn’t had this wealth of information.
Bring on October!

ILoveLamp

Have you guys who are successful on the North East future opportunities vacancies been offered positions at actual boxes and if so where abouts please?

Questiontime

Have you guys who are successful on the North East future opportunities vacancies been offered positions at actual boxes and if so where abouts please?

I personally haven't been told a specific box as of yet, just a general area.

HamSandwich

Try not to lose hope iamdavid. If you aren't successful this time around, there is always opportunity to apply again. :)

I've been offered a place in my area - yippee!

iamdavid

Try not to lose hope iamdavid. If you aren't successful this time around, there is always opportunity to apply again. :)

I've been offered a place in my area - yippee!

congratulations to you as well. Glad to hear a few on here have done well enough. Can I ask when they called you? I’m hoping they’re dragging this out all day into tomorrow but I may be hoping against hope!

HamSandwich

congratulations to you as well. Glad to hear a few on here have done well enough. Can I ask when they called you? I’m hoping they’re dragging this out all day into tomorrow but I may be hoping against hope!

Four o'clock - I think they have a lot of people to get though, and I'm pretty sure they're not doing it in alphabetical order either.