• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

A level crossing at both ends

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harlesden

I was just thinking that when standing on the platform at Grimsby Town, the Wellowgate level crossing is right there at the Barnetby end with Garden Street level crossing a little further away at the Cleethorpes end.
Now I am wondering how many stations there are with a level crossing clearly visible from the platform in both directions.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

edwin_m

Veteran Member
... but it'll open once the train has passed, won't it?

Suppose I was asking for that one really. I believe it is being permanently eliminated. It will be an ex-crossing, shuffled off its mortal barrier, etc etc.

455driver

Veteran Member
Paignton.

IIRC one of the crossings at Llanelli is closing.

So is the one to the South of Paignton, at least to vehicles, its still used by pedestrians.

Not sure if this one has been mentioned-

Farncombe.

steamybrian

Established Member
Angmering

I am aware that it is adjacent to one crossing immediately to the west of the station but is there crossing visible to the east of the station..?

Fishbourne is immediately adjacent to a crossing to the east of the station but unsure if the crossing to the west is visible from the station..?

IanXC

Emeritus Moderator
Beverley definately does, I have a feeling Malton does too.

Termy

Llanelli station is one example I can think of (Greenback will confirm this)

I can also confirm this. It's brilliant seeing the FGW 125 there because it overlaps both ends of the platform, triggering both level crossings. :D

DaveHarries

Established Member
Deganwy (between Llandudno and Llandudno Junction) is another one but, due to the fact that the line curves at the up end, you can only see both crossings if you stand at the Llandudno Junction end of the up platform.

Dave

Rich_D3167

Beverley definately does, I have a feeling Malton does too.

Malton only has a level crossing at the east end (Scarborough end).

Lincoln Central has level crossings visible from the station platforms, High Street on the west & Sincill Bank on the east (although this is after Pelham Street Junction, on the Sleaford line).

Last edited:

Peter Mugridge

Veteran Member
Motspur Park has one visible at both ends, although the one at the up end is a bit over ¼ mile away from the station.

Greenback

Emeritus Moderator
Llanelli station is one example I can think of (Greenback will confirm this)

That was the first one that came to my mind! :D
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Paignton.

IIRC one of the crossings at Llanelli is closing.

That's the first I heard of it! Are you perhaps thinking of the signal box being taken out of use rather than the crossing itself? I doubt the residents of the street would be amused, they would have a bit of a detour to get to their homes.

JohnCarlson

Just to mention that there is a road under bridge in Sunderland that has a station at both sides. OK one, Monkwearmouth is closed but there is another station Stadium of light just after it.

Attachments

• Monk.jpg
    Monk.jpg
    118 KB · Views: 30
Status
Not open for further replies.