• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

A New HST...

Status
Not open for further replies.

nath9425

HST.jpg

Saw her at the Motor Show Yesterday - Sport Version - Boy is she nice, not a MTU in sight...although 17 mile to the gallon. <(

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

43034 The Black Horse

Established Member
Quite possibly the most deadliest thing on the road

No No No, 3.0 Litre Crapi's are more deadly than that. IMHO Its crap, Land rovers use to be built to go off road now it's all looks. Old Mk1 Land Rover 70 looks amazing and it works off road

EE Type 3

Established Member
No No No, 3.0 Litre Crapi's are more deadly than that. IMHO Its crap, Land rovers use to be built to go off road now it's all looks. Old Mk1 Land Rover 70 looks amazing and it works off road

Have you seen a newer Land Rover go off road? I've been in a Land Rover Sport up some pretty big hills in Wales, and it took them brilliantly.

mbonwick

Established Member
Have you seen a newer Land Rover go off road? I've been in a Land Rover Sport up some pretty big hills in Wales, and it took them brilliantly.

It that the one that you can put your feet up and read the paper in, while the computer handles everything without any intervention?

Craig

Established Member
In my experience, Land Rovers are people who actually need to go off road, Range Rovers are for people who just think they need to go off road. Have you ever seen a dirty Range Rover sport? :lol:

mbonwick

Established Member
Yes actually. A lot of road dirt on it :lol:, and driven by a fat guy who probably couldn't be arsed to wash it.

Beaker

Established Member
Its a complete waste of space, when some git who thinks they needs one to drive their precious little brat to school in one and their sole justification is that it can pull a sodding caravan, thus being reason 2 it should be banned. When i've seen Citroen C1s or what have you pull a caravan fine. Just for posing ponces

mbonwick

Established Member
Who have too much money. I mean, they do like 17mpg. A 44tonne truck will do about 10/11, for comparison..but think of the size of the truck's engine.

Craig

Established Member
Who have too much money. I mean, they do like 17mpg. A 44tonne truck will do about 10/11, for comparison..but think of the size of the truck's engine.

That's the petrol version, for a fair comparison the 3.6 diesel version does 25mpg. Still rubbish though.

P156KWJ

Established Member
one of the lawnmowers at school is a HST, pretty dreadful, looks like this...
2491714307_5aa9b53c76.jpg
but in flakey green paint and a oil covered nottinghamshire county council logo :lol:

Established Member
In 4 years time expect nath to have a 4x4 chasing 67s ;).

Respite

Range Rover sport's, what a complete pile of cack. It's only a discovery with an added body shape of a range rover. They are pants off road, thats if you can find anyone stupid enough to take it there in the first place. Usually used to transport spoilt oiks around to school & for people who want the "LOOK AT ME LOOK AT ME" thing. An old clapped out 1977 Range rover would eat it alive as they were designed for offroading. I just don't get these people who trundle about in 4x4's but never venture off road at all. They are not safer on the roads as has been proven many many a time.

Oh & 17mpg is pretty good, My Jeep Wrangler only manages 10mpg now. I only really use it for offroading though as it's a tad modified.

DSC01686.jpg

DSC01687.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.