• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

A Photo of Every Station

Status
Not open for further replies.

Track Basher

I have had an idea for a new game.

The rules are simple we have to get a photo of every station listed in the current timetable, in alphabetical order. Bus link locations are not required.

You have to have taken the photo yourself and it has to include a train. You can take the picture from inside the train passing through, however if you do this you have to include part of the train (window pillar) and be able to clearly identify the station by including the station sign.

I have included as an attachment the current station list from the timetable for reference.

Any takers for Abbey Wood?

This may take some time.

Attachments

• StationList.pdf
    1.4 MB · Views: 62
Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

MidnightFlyer

Veteran Member
I've got photos from the old Bathgate, Drumgelloch, Oldham Loop and more too if that would be of any help?

ainsworth74

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
We don't have to do it in order, do we?

It would be easy if we didn't have to do them in order! Alphabetical makes it more interesting.

Now seriously someone must live near Abbey Wood or have a photo from there!

W-on-Sea

Established Member
Hmm. I think I have a photo of the (fairly grotty) pub immediately next to Abbey Wood station..... and certainly of the incredibly grotty (and now demolished) pub that used to be approximately opposite it, once you take the flyover out of the picture..

I suspect that this may be a somewhat impractical hope....

Track Basher

This way makes it a little more challenging. It is also easier to keep track of what we have got. Just keep working down the list. Once we have one on the list anyone is free to post the next one. We just keep going. Don't forget has to include a train so you cannot go stealing them off National Rail.

cyclebytrain

Now to give this Brilliant idea of a thread a kick start...

Attachments

• CIMG0034.jpg
    CIMG0034.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 61

atomicdanny

Aber with a 150 and a Pacer

Abercynon next! (I haven't been there so don't have a picture)

Attachments

• Aber01.jpg
    Aber01.jpg
    197.3 KB · Views: 45

Ivo

Established Member
Gee, looks like it could be quite a while before I can help. At present my earliest is Ascot!

I will however try to get some of the Valleys for ye all when I go up there, on (provisionally) the 19th. Assuming I can find my camera charger by then of course :roll:

Track Basher

This game or more a challenge is going the be a bit of a slow burner not like fast and furious guess the station.

I don't go up that was in the near future. This challenge will get easier as we get to the less exotic.

me123

Established Member
Oh dear... two stations in two months... this may take some time. By my reckoning, 210 years.

Bedpan

Established Member
I think it would be easier iif the rule that says that the photo has to include a train was relaxed. If I was passing somewhere like Scotscalder or Altnabreac I'd take a photo of it, but I wouldn't have the time to wait hours for a train to arrive.

me123

Established Member
Excellent point.

Might also be worthwhile allowing people to post any photos, not just their own? I don't want to step on peoples' toes regarding copyright etc, but I have a feeling that you'll struggle to get stations like Altnabreac (used by 224 passengers last year) using the rules you've specified.

Track Basher

I wanted to make this more tricky than just going onto National Rail and taking the photos from there. No skill in that and not much of a game. It does appear I have made it too difficult.

There was not meant to be a speed element to this but as people are out and about they get a picture.

I also don't see any fun just trawling the internet for photos.

Let's make it a little easier. I did not say in the rules it had to be the exterior of the train. You could have part interior looking out of the window, but if you are going to do this you have to include the station sign.

I always expected this to be slow at the beginning but if you want to play you need to look further down the list for what is coming up and where you are going. Don't just look at the next one.

The next few are tricky because they are remote in Wales and Scotland.

Status
Not open for further replies.