• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

A week in london, can you help?

Status
Not open for further replies.

adamp

Spending a week in london areas this Friday (24th) to next friday (31st) the first 3 days based in twickenham and then monday to friday else where. We are not sure where to stay for the other 5 days but im wondering what are the best parts for trains to explore round london based in twickenham for the first 3 days?

Would like to photo nearly all the different kinds of units down there if i can and wondering which would be the best place(s) to explore which are not hours away from twickenham. I will be using trains and occasionally the car to get around. Was thinking reading and cholsey manor farm but im guessing there wont be much freight at a weekend.

I will post what our plans our for the rest of the week are and if you could help further that would be brilliant :D
Thanks
-Adam

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Pumbaa

Established Member
Get a All Network Downlander. At 12.50, it's great value for the entire Southern network, so you can get through to Milton Keynes, and down to Portsmouth, Southampton and Brighton. southernrailway.com/downlander.

Bayum

Established Member
Don't do that!!

Swine Flu is like THE hotspot of England...

Bayum

Established Member
That doesn't make sense. Also, if everyone was afraid of getting Swine Flu nobody would venture outside their houses.

It does...

If theres loads of cases in London... Surely it means that there's a higher chance of catching it, if they're in London...

What my Dr told me on Tuesday - not to go to London as it was a hot spot area, and I WOULD catch it basically.

BlythPower

As mentioned, you'll get shedloads of units (SWT, Southern and London Overground) at Clapham Junction. The sheer volume of trains in as times mental there... London Bridge'll get you Southeastern, Southern and Thameslink in large quantities. Bethnal Green and Stratford are good for NXEA (Stratford also has London Overground, DLR and the Central line). Finsbury Park has FCC units in and out of both Kings Cross and Moorgate.

SouthEastern-465

Established Member
I was going to say London Victoria,East Croydon,and Clapham junction In my opinion great places In my experience and my opinion.

But the swine flu thing Is everywhere and not just london alone,Its every where you go you have the same chance of catching It and If you go to Schools you have more of a chance of catching It,If your going to get it your going to get It Is my saying.

MCR247

Established Member
Get a All Network Downlander. At 12.50, it's great value for the entire Southern network, so you can get through to Milton Keynes, and down to Portsmouth, Southampton and Brighton. southernrailway.com/downlander.

Why not get DaySave for £10?
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
It does...

If theres loads of cases in London... Surely it means that there's a higher chance of catching it, if they're in London...

What my Dr told me on Tuesday - not to go to London as it was a hot spot area, and I WOULD catch it basically.

Have you never caught a cold? Its obvious that where theres more people, you are more likely to catch it. Whether swine flu or a common cold.

djw1981

Established Member
It does...

Yes but you have a vulnerability factor. Most of the rest of us do not therefore it is less of a danger to us.

TDK

Established Member
Don't do that!!

Swine Flu is like THE hotspot of England...

That is a rediculous comment - There are more people in London so Naturally more people will have the virus you need to judge it by pecentage.

Clapham Junction
Paddington
Liverpool Street
Kings Cross & St Pancras
Euston

You go to al lof these and you will cover most units

class377man

That is a rediculous comment - There are more people in London so Naturally more people will have the virus you need to judge it by pecentage.

Clapham Junction
Paddington
Liverpool Street
Kings Cross & St Pancras
Euston

You go to al lof these and you will cover most units

May as well go the whole hog and do London Bridge as well :)

paul1609

Established Member
Why not get DaySave for £10?.

The downlander does have some advantages for the extra £2.50:
a) no evening restriction from London.
b) the bus element allows you to travel from (to) Uckfield to Brighton, Lewes or Eastbourne if you want to do the Uckfield Branch one way.
c) the bus element allows you to do the Seaford Branch one way and then travel to Brighton or Eastbourne.
The 12 A service from Seaford to Eastbourne goes over Beachy Head (not litterally) which is very scenic and recommended.
d) its available as a e-ticket 2 days in advance rather than 7 with the Daysave

adamp

Thanks for all your suggestions guys. I will get back to you for the rest of the trip!

-Adam

anthony263

Established Member
I was in London yesterday and to be honest i am not at all worried about this swine flu. My opinion although it is bad and some people have died from it (Thanks to other ilnneses) the media etc are hyping it up again.

I wouldnt be to afriad of swine flu seems to be just another version of the normal flu virus

ungreat

I have had swine flu all this week from last weekend..its not nice!

I know it was it as well..my doctor examined me and confirmed it,and the wife had to collect the tamiflu antivirals for me.I don't recommend it to anyone!

Status
Not open for further replies.