• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Abellio Greater Anglia Class 755s (Regional Trains)

Wivenswold

Established Member
You are of course assuming the Stansted trains are stopping at "TOM", the service is being complete recast with the focus on increased seating. You're getting 10 car Aventras which will provide a big capacity increase on Cambridge services. In theory anyway.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

eastdyke

Established Member
My mistake, where did I get tomorrow from?! LOL
It’s a day late as was due to be here “before the 14th”, but we’re all used to trains being late right ;)
Too much excitement? :D
Extra staff on duty to control crowds at Ipswich P3 well before dawn, well 07.17?

Or perhaps there will be another twist?

LAX54

Established Member
So has it be cleared to run yet ? If staff who signal it don't have the correct paperwork, it won't run! last time I looked we had all the stuff for the testing Trowse / Diss and to and from Cambridge, but we had nothing about its initial trip, having said that, I have not been at work since Saturday !

dk1

Veteran Member
First units should be passing through the tunnel tonight & will travel forward to Crown Point on Thursday morning.

dk1

Veteran Member
How long until you get a go?
That's going to be after Christmas. I'm not part of the acceptance team of DIs involved so unless I get a crafty spin I will have to wait my turn in the training programme.

Set_DRA

Maybe relevant I don’t know?

I start my Driver Training on the Stadlers next week. So if anyone is interested I’ll post cab (simulator) pictures!

LAX54

Established Member
Maybe relevant I don’t know?

I start my Driver Training on the Stadlers next week. So if anyone is interested I’ll post cab (simulator) pictures!

will you be on the SPZ runs Trowse / Diss on the overnight testing eventually ?

Set_DRA

will you be on the SPZ runs Trowse / Diss on the overnight testing eventually ?

I’m a West Anglia Driver so no. I’ll be involved on the mainline when they’re tested over on the West in a few days time

robreed90001

Thanks.
Short (3 or 4 car) or long, (12 car0) unit?

TIA, DC

4 car bi-mode unit (5 car if you include the power pack).

looks like 92042 will move the unit and 66002 from Dollands Moor to Ripple Lane tonight via HS1 with 66002 taking the unit to Norwich Crown Point tomorrow morning

Last edited:

dk1

Veteran Member
Yep just the one for now. Ever changing situation over the last few weeks. It's finally happening though.

Set_DRA

It is working...
0343 Ripple lane Exhange sidings - Norwich C.PT T&RSMD 0823

Passes barking 0350
Stratford 0404
Stratford 0540
Shenfield 0614
Witham down loop 0636- 0640
Ipswich 0717 - 0720
Stowmarket 0745

AS43

I can’t wait to be 27mins at TOM. One door per coach.....what were they thinking?!
Genuine question here, but given that this arrangement appears to be fairly common on the continent, do European operators have ridiculous dwell times? Or is it more of a passenger behaviour thing here?

(@Set_DRA, as an aside I'm sure you've seen how you can stop at PON with 16 doors at the platform, and the pax still board or alight at the closest door to the London end, but they sort themselves out eventually... ;))

Bald Rick

Veteran Member
Genuine question here, but given that this arrangement appears to be fairly common on the continent, do European operators have ridiculous dwell times? Or is it more of a passenger behaviour thing here?

(@Set_DRA, as an aside I'm sure you've seen how you can stop at PON with 16 doors at the platform, and the pax still board or alight at the closest door to the London end, but they sort themselves out eventually... ;))

European operators tend to have longer dwell times on regional and long distance services.

Will be happy to be proven wrong, but the dwell times at Harlow / Stortford / Tottenham Hale in the peaks will be a significant performance risk. One pair of doors for a 20m vehicle does network feel like enough.

Last edited:

samuelmorris

Established Member
12 doors on a 12-car 745 versus 16 on an 8-car 379. Dunno how many 12-car services there often are, but if the doors are a little wider it doesn't seem too bad.