• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Abellio Greater Anglia- trainee train drivers/ trainee depot drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tooktook

Saw this online if anyone is interested:

https://apply.greateranglia.co.uk/vacancies/1400/

'Greater Anglia is undergoing an exciting transformation; with £1.4bn investment in new trains, new station facilities and the backing of a long term franchise that will transform customer journeys throughout East Anglia it never been a better time to join us.

Our Operations department is integral to the smooth running of our trains and we have an opportunity for enthusiastic and highly motivated individuals to join the team as Trainee Depot Drivers or Trainee Train Drivers.

We are now recruiting for our future Trainee Driver’s programmes 2017/2018.

You will work an average of 35 hours per week, and shifts are over a 24-hour period. The role will involve early starts, late finishes, weekend and bank holiday working.

Able to work well on your own, you will be an excellent communicator, comfortable dealing with both customers and colleagues alike. An organised individual with excellent concentration and attention to detail, you will have the willingness to accept the high level of responsibility associated with this role and the ability to work effectively.

Please note that you will not be permitted to take annual leave in the first six months of training.

To succeed in this role, we are looking for people who can bring our four behaviours to life in in your everyday work:

Genuine … be welcoming, customer-centric and respectful
Professional… be solution-oriented, accountable and delivering to promises
Proactive … be progressive, innovative and decisive
Inclusive … be connected in your thinking, empathetic and promote diversity
Greater Anglia can offer you a great work/ life balance alongside a generous salary. If learning, developing and growing your career is as important as great benefits such as free travel, pension, family discounts, childcare vouchers and cycle to work scheme, then apply now, and see what we can do for you!'

Apologies for the poor cut and paste job. This. Was via my I phone on the train....

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

332 > 444

I notice the application forms hasn't got them scenario questions anymore, makes it easier to complete.

Dutton165

Thank you for posting the vacancy Tooktook. I've been hopeful for a while that Greater Anglia would have an opportunity like this.

martin2345uk, I applied earlier, you are asked to list the closest two depots to you from the following:

Bishops Stortford
Cambridge
Clacton
Colchester
Ilford
London Liverpool Street
Norwich
Southend Victoria

martin2345uk

Established Member
Thanks guys :) given that it's an electrified system, what exactly do depot drivers spend their day doing? Would it be more night work than day?

TheEdge

Established Member
Thanks guys :) given that it's an electrified system, what exactly do depot drivers spend their day doing? Would it be more night work than day?

Generally more nights than days.

Norwich - DMU and set movements in the depot, no EMUs. Tripping to and from depot and station. Marshaling hauled sets with an 08.

Ilford - mostly EMU work with a splattering of 08 work. Never leaves Ilford depot.

Colchester and Southend - all EMU work, to and from the yard and station. Marshaling units.

Clacton - All EMU work, to and from the depot to station.

Knowledgeboy

Hi Mr Pic,

What would a typical rosta be for a depot driver at say Ilford. Start and finish time and days. Also how long did it take you to make the transition to a mainline driver and was it with the same company. Have been applying for mainline positions with no luck so far so wondering if I may have to look at an alternative route in. Many thanks. Does anyone know salary after training for the depot position??
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Would mainline drivers be required for ilford?

332 > 444

Last time I scored 61 back in the old franchise application form. also they removed the scenario questions so who knows. We shall see anyway, I noticed they have a 45 mins journey time now, not sure if I noticed that before.

martin2345uk

Established Member
I live in Manchester but I'm from Essex and my family still live there, anyone know their stance on relocation? If I put my address as Manchester will I be automatically out?

Lrd

Established Member
I live in Manchester but I'm from Essex and my family still live there, anyone know their stance on relocation? If I put my address as Manchester will I be automatically out?
Can you not use your families address and change it after you move?

MrPIC

Hi Mr Pic,

What would a typical rosta be for a depot driver at say Ilford. Start and finish time and days. Also how long did it take you to make the transition to a mainline driver and was it with the same company. Have been applying for mainline positions with no luck so far so wondering if I may have to look at an alternative route in. Many thanks. Does anyone know salary after training for the depot position??
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Would mainline drivers be required for ilford?
At Ilford I believe its slightly more nights than days, also I think they work 8 weeks on and then have 2 off. Earliest start is around 0500-0530, latest finish (Not nights) is probably around 2300-0000. There is no automatic progression anymore from depot to mainline, so you'll have to apply for mainline jobs as and when they come up like everyone else.
Depot Driver salary I believe is around the 25-30k mark (no training salary, straight in on that). Mainline salaries vary between locations but are around the 43-45k mark

332 > 444

At Ilford I believe its slightly more nights than days, also I think they work 8 weeks on and then have 2 off. Earliest start is around 0500-0530, latest finish (Not nights) is probably around 2300-0000. There is no automatic progression anymore from depot to mainline, so you'll have to apply for mainline jobs as and when they come up like everyone else.
Depot Driver salary I believe is around the 25-30k mark (no training salary, straight in on that). Mainline salaries vary between locations but are around the 43-45k mark

What if one was to get depot driver then wants to move to the West Anglia side, is there a long list of transfers like I heard there is on the GE side?

387star

On Moderation
GA has relatively low pay for drivers but then I hear conditions are really good- on the old wagn side I mean as the ex fgw and anglia railways have different t n cs

Chadders2211

Any computer whizzes here that could let me know what is wrong as when I go to apply for this I get a message on my screen that says

YOUR CONNECTION IS NOT PRIVATE

It then won't a;;ow me to go any further.
Any advice would be gratefully received.

Any other website I go on has no problems

Thanks in advance

Also, I currently have an aplication with Abellio Greater Anglia for a trainee Train Train Driver that was put in during their last recruitment drive about a year ago. This is still shown as being under consideration. Does anyone know whether or not this will still be active as its been with them for about a year now.

Thanks again

Last edited:

mresh91

What is the application score requirement? And when are you informed of your figure? I've just submitted my application and have been told I should hear back within 14 days of the closing date.

Thanks in advance

Check your e-mail, log in with the details provided. Once you're logged in, you'll see your application listed, with an option to download a PDF summary. It is on that PDF where you'll see an application score.

TheEdge

Established Member

Not an issue, when I first applied for and got an AGA job I was living in Herefordshire, as long as you tick the box that says you are willing to relocate its not an issue.

There is a training salary (I'm not entirely sure what it is for new entrants, at least on ex-Anglia) but it goes up to full on completion of the training.

RyanE1991

I know a driver manager for Abellio and I was informed that there will be depot driver vacancies at Colchester and Clacton (fortunate for me as I live inbetween both of them and they are my 2 closest depots). I applied last year for the depot drivers role at Colchester and my application was successful but put on hold for 6 months, those 6 months have now expired so I have submitted another application today, once again I got an application score of 11.

Good luck to all those applying, it would be an exiting time to join Abellio what with their brand new fleet arriving over the next few years, who wouldn't want to drive a brand spanking new train, although I will sorely miss seeing the class 90's with their mk3's.

Status
Not open for further replies.