• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Abellio Greater Anglia- trainee train drivers/ trainee depot drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.

332 > 444

Does this mean if I selected Liverpool St and Ilford as my nearest depots I will automatically be considered for the trainee depot driver position and not trainee train driver position?

Same, they did state to put the two closest depots, PREFERRED depots I would've selected Liverpool St and Bishop's Stortford.

But hey, I still need to pass DMI first! <D

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

RyanE1991

Ryan,

Did you get an email from Amy Grigg inviting you to the DMI? I ask because I've emailed her a couple of times and not had a response yet.

Cheers

It was a bit weird how it happened, I got a text message saying I had received an email, however I checked my inbox and there was no email to be found, I emailed Amy to find out what was going on and she replied with the dmi invite email that I should have received the first time around. So yes you could say my dmi invite was from Amy.

I'm sure you will get an invite sooner or later mate.

CaseyJones

Good Luck on the DMI RyanE1991, hope i have a date for mine coming my way soon, applied for Bishop Stortford so hopefully wont have to travel to Colchester!

Quick question for those who know; with regards to pre booked holidays and the initial training period if successful in landing a trainee job with a TOC. Are they really that strict in not allowing any annual leave during training? I may be getting ahead of myself here but if i was to begin a training course with a pre booked and paid holiday coming up would i be able to go?

332 > 444

Good Luck on the DMI RyanE1991, hope i have a date for mine coming my way soon, applied for Bishop Stortford so hopefully wont have to travel to Colchester!

Quick question for those who know; with regards to pre booked holidays and the initial training period if successful in landing a trainee job with a TOC. Are they really that strict in not allowing any annual leave during training? I may be getting ahead of myself here but if i was to begin a training course with a pre booked and paid holiday coming up would i be able to go?

Did you state that you have any holidays in your application form? Also in the job ad, it states annual leave is not permitted in the first 6 months of training. I'm guessing they will start around July (wild guess as my passes run out with them on the 7th & 16th that month) still another year with GTR.

CaseyJones

Don't believe there was an option to state if i had any pre booked holiday in the application. It does indeed say there is no annual leave in the first 6 months but do GA really expect all new trainees to drop any pre booked holiday expenses and all coming up to the summer? Is there any leniency? And do all TOC have this rule with regards to new starters?

RyanE1991

Has anybody heard anything yet? Ryan How did your interview go?

Haven't had my interview yet, it's this coming Friday, feeling more apprehensive about this one than the MMI, I'm doing all the prep i can though, will let you know how it goes.

mmbeak78

Best of luck to you, can I ask what 2 depots you selected as your nearest? And did they specify which depot the interview would be scheduled for?

Hey! I believe that you and I selected the same depots (Ilford and Liverpool St). No more info as of yet mate - I'll update you if (when?) I find out more!
BTW - how did your appeal go regarding the (Arriva Rail was it?) issue that you had with the exam?

mmbeak78

Thank you mate I appreciate that. No luck with the appeal unfortunately, as expected I got a 'computer says no' type of response. I'll take it on the chin, learn from it and move on.

Best of luck with the MMI results and here's to hoping for a smooth DMI!

Cheers mate! Sorry to hear about the appeal result, but you're definitely taking the right attitude towards it!
Already had a DMI with Southern (as you probably remember) which I passed, so that will hopefully serve me in good stead

mmbeak78

Ahhh I remember, Marc right? Glad to hear you passed fella.. are they one of those TOCs that do the MMI after the DMI or have you completed their whole process and had an offer? Congrats!!

Yeah that's right - thanks again for the help with the DMI

utternoob

Just received this email:

Hi Christopher

Thank you for completing the online assessments for Trainee Train Drivers/Trainee Depot Drivers.

I can confirm you have passed the online assessment however you have not scored high enough to be on the current waiting list to attend the stage 1 train driver assessments. We are working down the list and we will keep you on hold for a train driver assessment day in the near future.

Kind regards
Amy Grigg
Resourcing Administrator
Greater Anglia

anyone else who got this email heard anything back yet i sent an email asking how far down the waiting list i am. But still haven't got no reply.

mmbeak78

Has anybody else been invited to the DMI? received an email today and scheduled myself in for the first week of April.

Best of luck to all!

Got the invite too, but can't attend the 2 dates offered. I've asked for an alternative date (hopefully not too far in the future!).

Best of luck with yours, mate!

DiddlyDat

I've also got a DMI for Bishops Stortford area next Friday. Bricking it really! Good luck everyone! :D

332 > 444

Mine is in two weeks from weds just gone, at least I'm not the only one cacking it! My interview takes place in Stratford so I can walk there. Good luck to you all, hope we all make it and Sheik, good luck with SWT DMI too.

Still don't know if I've been placed for GE or WA.....

Ryan, how did yours go?

stevieoz

Are you going to attend it??

Sorry I was a bit too brief, I was given the interview then contacted them to say I can't attend.

I am wary of turning down these opportunities as you will see if you read my previous posts on here.

Good luck to those who successfully made it to the DMI.

RyanE1991

Mine is in two weeks from weds just gone, at least I'm not the only one cacking it! My interview takes place in Stratford so I can walk there. Good luck to you all, hope we all make it and Sheik, good luck with SWT DMI too.

Still don't know if I've been placed for GE or WA.....

Ryan, how did yours go?

Don't worry about it, I was worried about mine and it was no way near as bad as I expected, I was interview by 2 managers and both were very friendly and polite and made me feel at ease. I should find out by Friday whether I passed of not. Best of luck mate you'll be fine.

332 > 444

Don't worry about it, I was worried about mine and it was no way near as bad as I expected, I was interview by 2 managers and both were very friendly and polite and made me feel at ease. I should find out by Friday whether I passed of not. Best of luck mate you'll be fine.

That's ok, did they throw any curve ball questions​? Is there the usual what you know about the company and ask did they ask to state the company values?

Thank you, hope you make it through.

utternoob

i submitted my application on the 27/01/17 not holding much hope now:|

applied for the customer service agent-ticket's office job

RyanE1991

Passed my dmi, medical is on Monday, start at the end of may as trainee Mainline driver based at clacton, so east side won't be starting off as depot this time for some reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.