• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Abellio Greater Anglia trainne driver vacancie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Chamber

Hi, first time post. Would anyone know what the training and completion pay would be on a depot driver role?

badassunicorn

its around £25k from day one. It stays the same right through training and qualification, but once passed out you will work sundays and bank holidays if you want, aswell as overtime which will bump up your pay if you want to do it.

leebuckley23

ok on this application for you must list 3 main development areas.
what the hell are you meant to put here? im stuck

SPADTrap

Established Member
ok on this application for you must list 3 main development areas.
what the hell are you meant to put here? im stuck

Considering it is about YOU then what do you want anyone else to say? Think about it carefully and you'll come up with something! :)

leebuckley23

Considering it is about YOU then what do you want anyone else to say? Think about it carefully and you'll come up with something! :)

I came up with some top quality spiel that I could expand on in an interview.
very in-depth application form.
wish me luck :D

Marc1986

Have just finished my application. I decided to log into the new account automatically set up when applying and have seen on my PDF application that I have been given an 'application score'. I was wondering how this compared to others that have also applied?? No idea what it is out of so just curious. I got 64...

Thanks

leebuckley23

Have just finished my application. I decided to log into the new account automatically set up when applying and have seen on my PDF application that I have been given an 'application score'. I was wondering how this compared to others that have also applied?? No idea what it is out of so just curious. I got 64...

Thanks

I got 65 but got no idea what that means :s

387star

On Moderation
already taken off site looks like two to three days is the norm for advertising now

SPADTrap

Established Member
already taken off site looks like two to three days is the norm for advertising now

Due to massive amounts of applicants as usual! Lots of depot drivers needed it seems. 4 on rules course in room next to mine for Ilford and this being advertised!

Last edited:

Sean0457

I just got offered a position as RPO for GA. Very happy, but the email they sent me said it was fixed term for 12 months, but when I applied it was advertised as permanent. Strange?

Good luck to you guys applying for Depot Train Driver - Hope to become a driver in the future, but though I'd give RPO a go first!

Jeffreybanks

Good afternoon

So I received the email today that I have been invited to attend an assessment centre which I'm over the moon about however have a couple of questions for any existing greater anglia trainees/drivers or employees

1. What's the training salary and how long is the training?
2. From what I understand it's a trainee depot driver role which you would then move onto a mainline driver automatically and I pressume if so then train driver salary? Just wanted clarity on this.

Any information would be greatly appreciated

Many thanks

Last edited:

Marc1986

I too have been selected for assessment. I was wondering where the training for this position would take place and how long it would approximately take to go from depot driver to fully fledged train driver? Any help would be much appreciated

Lee Place

Is anyone else having trouble opening the practice materials document. It keeps saying that the file is corrupted and I cannot open it on any of my computers or devices.

leebuckley23

Is anyone else having trouble opening the practice materials document. It keeps saying that the file is corrupted and I cannot open it on any of my computers or devices.

I didn't get practice materials I just got travel voucher and directions to assessment centre
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
sorry just found the practice materials and I also cant open it

Lee Place

I didn't get practice materials I just got travel voucher and directions to assessment centre
sorry just found the practice materials and I also cant open it
That's good to know that it isn't just me!

leebuckley23

That's good to know that it isn't just me!

im trying to find out what programme was used to make the file so I can rename it appropriately then open it.
if I figure it out tonight I will post the solution
if you go to your downloads folder where the file should be saved.
right click the file
click rename
at the end of the file name add .docx
the file will now be a word document and can be opened in Microsoft word

Lee Place

im trying to find out what programme was used to make the file so I can rename it appropriately then open it.
right click the file
click rename

Nice one Lee, going to give it a go now!
right click the file
click rename
Thanks Lee.
Managed to get access now. Good luck!

leebuckley23

getting annoyed now trying to figure out the best and cheapest way to get to the assessment, if I drive I don't want to hit the inevitable London traffic but the cost of a return ticket on the train is to much to pay if I fail at the first hurdle its a waste of £110+

Status
Not open for further replies.