• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Abellio Greater Anglia trainne driver vacancie

Status
Not open for further replies.

SPADTrap

Established Member
getting annoyed now trying to figure out the best and cheapest way to get to the assessment, if I drive I don't want to hit the inevitable London traffic but the cost of a return ticket on the train is to much to pay if I fail at the first hurdle its a waste of £110+

Where are you travelling from?

I wouldn't call that oppertunity a waste!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

leebuckley23

Where are you travelling from?

I wouldn't call that oppertunity a waste!

Birmingham
if I fail it will be and then I have also wasted one of two chances.
I need to be positive really, all the tests seem similar to ones I have done for previous jobs its the interviews im not good at

ultra4

Use MegaBus then, it's just few quid for the return ticket.

getting annoyed now trying to figure out the best and cheapest way to get to the assessment, if I drive I don't want to hit the inevitable London traffic but the cost of a return ticket on the train is to much to pay if I fail at the first hurdle its a waste of £110+

Jaydeezey

Hi guys, did anyone take a copy of the original job description for this post?

It would be good to have for future reference if successful, but it is no longer available on their website :oops:

leebuckley23

would I pass the group bourdon test with
1166 cells
no mistakes
and row fluctuation of 2.45
average cell time 0.298
and row time 8.198

leebuckley23

has anyone else had new practice material sent via email???
I have and is 100% different to the one sent previously????

Lee Place

Have they also asked you to come for interview the Monday after? Think that's abit unfair for work commitments and travel wise.
And now we have to practice other tests aswell!?

Yeah, I'm in the same boat as you mate. Not ideal but I really want this. I guess we just have to do whatever we can. Some people may not be able to do it but I guess it will show them how committed people are and how flexible they are prepared to be.

leebuckley23

Yeah, I'm in the same boat as you mate. Not ideal but I really want this. I guess we just have to do whatever we can. Some people may not be able to do it but I guess it will show them how committed people are and how flexible they are prepared to be.

i don't know what I am going to do as I cant get the day off work so im stuck really hopefully they can fit me in on one of the other interview days.
They cant expect people to be flexible when they are employed by someone else especially when they said you would have your MMI the same day!.

W230

Established Member
i don't know what I am going to do as I cant get the day off work so im stuck really hopefully they can fit me in on one of the other interview days.
They cant expect people to be flexible when they are employed by someone else especially when they said you would have your MMI the same day!.
Unfortunately they can do what they want due to the sheer number of applicants! I had the same problem with my TOC when i did the assessments three years ago. Ended up driving straight back oop north after the structured interview and into a night shift. If you can't/won't there're dozens waiting to fill your place. Luckily for me it was worth it!

Lee Place

Unfortunately they can do what they want due to the sheer number of applicants! I had the same problem with my TOC when i did the assessments three years ago. Ended up driving straight back oop north after the structured interview and into a night shift. If you can't/won't there're dozens waiting to fill your place. Luckily for me it was worth it!

Where are you based now and did you get a depot driver role?

387star

On Moderation

Exactly! This is another 'pass' required you could say!

Of course it can be beneficial if those numbers are reduced... if they can be ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.