• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Abellio Online Assesment

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dante

I believe the sift comes after the initial online assessment therefore the specifics haven't been looked at yet and everyone has to take the online SJT, but don't quote me on that.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

I wouldn’t say that’s for sure, the email did suggest it was an invitation to the next stage, and I imagine they’ll be looking for any reason possible to cut someone’s name off the list.

From my research scrutiny is very high, if my understanding is correct we’ll receive practice information on the assessments before we are invited.

If anyone fails any test during the testing days they simply tell you there and then that you’ve failed.

No news will most likely come until at least Monday now, but I will share news on the thread if I hear any all the same.

abacus614

Put my application in at 10am today and got an e-mail at lunchtime about an online assessment, my background is NHS so I'm surprised my application was accepted as I thought a caveat was you needed a technical qualification ?

What do you do in the NHS?

GG96LFC

EGL don’t be surprised, I’m NHS too, in fact I made it all the way to the MMI with Virgin last year using only my 2 NHS roles for my experience, so keep your fingers crossed

EGL1

What do you do in the NHS?

I’ve been in the management side of things for quite a while now but over the last couple of years a big question mark has crept in. I often ponder whether if it’s really where I want to be ?

I’ve often thought of the railways but only recently been seriously considering it an alternative, I feel its a long shot but we’ll see? There are so any threads on here for careers it’s difficult to know where to go for the best advice for newbies like me ? :)

TGreen

Received my link to complete the online assessment this afternoon, will complete it tomorrow.

I’m currently in the talent pool with Freightliner for their trainee driver scheme but not sure when or if I will ever start with them.

I’m a teacher atm and Freightliner never had a problem with me not having a technical background.

Slinky252

Got my email today for online test for Birmingham, I’m in the Fire service and I’m at work till Monday Morning, due to 24hr shifts and I’m doing three back to back. So can’t do test till then, because I think its timed. Does anyone know how long test is for , just wondered because , I’ve got to sort half term child care so I can concentrate .

abacus614

Got my email today for online test for Birmingham, I’m in the Fire service and I’m at work till Monday Morning, due to 24hr shifts and I’m doing three back to back. So can’t do test till then, because I think its timed. Does anyone know how long test is for , just wondered because , I’ve got to sort half term child care so I can concentrate .

No time limit my friend but they do state it should take around 30mins. I think it also gives you the option to save your progress and go back to it later if required.

Slinky252

No time limit my friend but they do state it should take around 30mins. I think it also gives you the option to save your progress and go back to it later if required.
Thanks my friend, a mate of mine just text me and said he spoke to them earlier and said it was timed. So I’ll think I’ll wait just incase. I’d love to know if I can open and go back. But not worth the risk especially when West mids said to him it’s timed !!Thanks again

Colsta

When did you apply? And have you had an online assessment via email?
Update, was invited for online assessment yesterday, doesn't show your results, and assessment doesn't give the option to step back to change answers so study the question carefully before submitting an answer.

David Knight

Hey guys,

Received my email inviting me for the online assessment yesterday afternoon and that was for Worcester based. Hope this helps all.

Slinky252

Bit scared to open link on the online sjt test. Due to being at work till tomorrow morning , and could get called out at anytime. When I click through links it gets to Abellio talent screener it says 30 minutes test and underneath 30 minutes time remaining. Is that what all of you have had. Because when I called West Midlands recruitment she said it was timed. Really don’t want to risk but also really want to look at it especially if not timed !!! And if it isn’t and I can keep going back , I’ll look today ??

Daydr3am3r

As long you are not going to miss any deadline by delaying I would wait until tomorrow. You would kick yourself if you rushed it or had to leave it mid-point.
Is there a date that you have to complete it by?

TGreen

Bit scared to open link on the online sjt test. Due to being at work till tomorrow morning , and could get called out at anytime. When I click through links it gets to Abellio talent screener it says 30 minutes test and underneath 30 minutes time remaining. Is that what all of you have had. Because when I called West Midlands recruitment she said it was timed. Really don’t want to risk but also really want to look at it especially if not timed !!! And if it isn’t and I can keep going back , I’ll look today ??
I followed the link that they sent and it eventually took to me a separate website called Talent Central run by SHL (most train companies use external bodies to run their testing). It did say 30 minutes in the corner but that’s just how long they think it should take you to complete it. No timer on the one I completed. Also, I didn’t try leaving and coming back to it so I can’t say if you can do that. Best of luck for it!!

TGreen

As long you are not going to miss any deadline by delaying I would wait until tomorrow. You would kick yourself if you rushed it or had to leave it mid-point.
Is there a date that you have to complete it by?
Says on the original email must be completed no later than 5 days after receiving this email.

Slinky252

I followed the link that they sent and it eventually took to me a separate website called Talent Central run by SHL (most train companies use external bodies to run their testing). It did say 30 minutes in the corner but that’s just how long they think it should take you to complete it. No timer on the one I completed. Also, I didn’t try leaving and coming back to it so I can’t say if you can do that. Best of luck for it!!
Thank you mate much appreciated good luck also.

Nothing heard

I looked online on the SJT assessment, it says mine expires on 20/02/19 so that’s possibly the deadline for everyone?

It would make sense, if applications closed on Friday and it asks you to complete it within 5 days.

Will keep posted if I hear anything.

Slinky252

My date for expiry was the 22/02 also mate of mine who works for wmt says “good time to be applying because place is running on overtime “. Good luck all.

TTD85

My date for expiry was the 22/02 also mate of mine who works for wmt says “good time to be applying because place is running on overtime “. Good luck all.
I thought they currently had a talent pool with trainees in? Or is the pool running low?

TTD85

I’d imagine that the talent pool running low otherwise they would not be recruiting !!
Funny you say that but TfW are getting applicants into their talent pool when some people haven’t had an interview for the previous talent pool...

Slinky252

Funny you say that but TfW are getting applicants into their talent pool when some people haven’t had an interview for the previous talent pool...
Really, then I have no idea mate how they work at all. Especially Wmt. Could be a long wait then for successful applicants. There are other factors like retirements and transfers that may be happening in the near future which are on the radar.

Wba0986

Morning all. First post for me as I only applied last Tuesday and did the online assessment Wednesday. Still not heard anything back yet. Abacus614 you should probably be thanking David Cameron as there is a reason why so many of us are jumping ship and applying for this job

abacus614

Morning all. First post for me as I only applied last Tuesday and did the online assessment Wednesday. Still not heard anything back yet. Abacus614 you should probably be thanking David Cameron as there is a reason why so many of us are jumping ship and applying for this job

Hahah yeah I think you may be right considering the current climate. Cameron just trashed a childhood dream, however I’m a lot better off now than if I’d ever joined the police. I did do 3 years as a Special Constable, so I wasn’t going in totally blind although I think things have changed a lot in the past 10 years and part of me is glad it never came to fruition.

Wba0986

Hahah yeah I think you may be right considering the current climate. Cameron just trashed a childhood dream, however I’m a lot better off now than if I’d ever joined the police. I did do 3 years as a Special Constable, so I wasn’t going in totally blind although I think things have changed a lot in the past 10 years and part of me is glad it never came to fruition.
Its changed massively in the last 7 years beyond recognition, hence after doing 16 years I'm after a change.

Status
Not open for further replies.