• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Aberdeen - Peterborough

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jord

On Friday, i was wondering would it possible for me to be able to pay for a First Class upgrade? if so how much is it?

Only If it's worth it of course, if a Valenta was on the front all that way! :P

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

1D53

Established Member
Not strictly possible. The best you'll manage is if a guard will excess you from your current ticket to a FOS.

With it being GNER it probably will be a new ticket!

me123

Established Member
... and of course, you're assuming that there is space available in the First Class carriages.

1D53

Established Member
I did the 1451 Aberdeen - Kings X the other day, Standard was busy between Edinburgh - Newcastle, First was quiet throughout.

Max

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Although you can upgrade in the week between 22nd Dec and 1st Jan :)

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
No, a new ticket is not required, an excess is.

Well, assuming you have a ABD-PBO SVR with YNG discount, the price you paid is 71.75.

The cost of a FOR is 341.00, and I believe if you want to excess one portion only then the excess is (341/2)-71.75 = 98.75. I think.

Bear in mind you don't get any discount in First. The excess would 'only' be 62.50 for someone without a railcard.

FORs like that aren't worth it anyway - do just 2-3 trips within 2 weeks and you may as well get an FC ALR!

Status
Not open for further replies.