• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Acton-Jarrows Via Scunthorpe

Status
Not open for further replies.

The 37 Fan

I have been told by a some on herre to stay, so as they requested I have. HOWEVER any more silly sausages and thats it. I stay for the nice on here.

(..and before you ask I wasnt deleted, admin hadnt got to it yet)

OK fine I will be more carefil with GEN if some show respect. End of.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

RJ

Established Member
But you should have been careful with the gen in the first place! You said that the EWS 37 ECS was caped. Nobody else said that and it did run. Then you said that the Grain working would be caped due to the loco not being ready. You never said that it would be another test run. Then, you tried to say that it wouldn't run for a long time. It ran today. No gen is undoubtedly better than false gen.

Harry Potter said:
Just to re-iterate my earlier question.
right this is how it all happend remember way back in i think october last year there as the Barnetby meet me and AJP and sheddy were on the 08:42 TPE off Doncaster and we passed Scunthorpe yard were 60024 was pottering around were the binliner branch was so that was that their was some other loco's pottering about the Scunthorpe yards. Then when we got home on the night or the next day i carnt remember Mr Wright asked what 60's i had seen i included 024 in the list of about 18. Then he asked were i saw it i said at scunthorpe on the binliner branch, then i was informed that it was working the "Acton - Jarrow" tanks. That how it became via Scunthorps

hope that helps

The 37 Fan

With regards to EWS 37's caped, to a point they were BUT I did nform everyone they were running again however to begin with I was wrong, fare enough however I WAS correct about the Grid It WAS test run thats why it didnt reach Grain, its that simple!! Yes the grid wasnt ready as it was ON TEST. I do admitt I didnt think the Grid would run all the way to Grain as fast as it did but that was the only issue I was wrong on to do with the grid, and I admitt that.

End of it all I understand what your saying and I will be more careful.

I have NEVER spoken over 60024 or anything like that and when was this convo then? As lets see if it matches up when the trial started? Becuase I find the above sentance a lot of crap which I have honnestly never heard of. John I dont care what AJP is telling you and then you posting is as the stuff regarding 60024 is the biggest hoot I have seen. I have checked all my MSN convos with you and it does pop up so that is rubbish sadly.

Oh and the trial has ended now with EWS making decisions on it running again but soo far the trains future doesnt loook good.

The 37 Fan said:
As lets see if it matches up when the trial started?

how could you possibly match up the dates when this trial has never ran before!

if this has ran can you please inform me of loco's date's and times that this ran also the routing of the whole train from Acton-Jarrow and the return working ? Also can you please tell us the consist!, any pics of this working anywhere Michael ?

For a start you said this was overnight, Jarrow OT closes after a certain point on a night.

cheers

Paul

The 37 Fan

Not an over night working. Secondly consist is 4 wheel bogie tanks, about 14 or so. The trial train ran from 08/04/2006 - 09/05/2006, Traction either EWS 66 or 60. EWS drivers. Timings, normally of Acton about 6pm however as this is a TRAIL train timings varied, sometimes an hour earlier, sometimes an hour later.

Routing is simple, Acton takes route down through Acton Wells Jn - Gosbel Oak - Harringay Jn - Stevenage - Grantham - Nework - Retford - Doncaster Decoy - Hatfield - Scunthorpe - Barnetby- Immingham - Jarrow OL

That route however is interesting compared the the old one which is now out of date, the old route going via MML and Toton, this route AMAZINGLY to some peoples suprise visits Scunthorbe!!! This is funny, obvously EWS like the long route, just like what happened to when the trial used the MML and was diverted, obviously EWS preferred this route :D

This makes me laugh at all my work on a route that was MML and at first went no where near Scunny but for the past few days DID. EWS changed the route from MML to ECML on 05/05/2006 it seems. Sadly I didnt spot this change so argued over a route which wasnt up to date. Anyway hope you like the uptodate version.

I dont have photos yet I am not hanging round Acton between 5pm - 7pm for it, not the niceist location to be at that time of evening.

Cheers,

Michael.

David

Established Member
Just 1 question Michael, If the train has gone to Immingham, why did they change locos at Scunthorpe?

Also, I think your getting confused. Jarrow is in the North East (20's Till I Die local area). The refinery at Immingham is Lindsey....

Are you absolutly certain this wasn't the Colnebrook - Lindsey service????

The 37 Fan said:
Secondly consist is 4 wheel bogie tanks, about 14 or so.

Is this 4 wheel bogie tanks meaning the large TEA's for e.g. http://davidpaul-photographs.fotopic.net/p28151674.html or the smaller version of TTA's

The 37 Fan said:
Routing is simple, Acton takes route down through Acton Wells Jn - Gosbel Oak - Harringay Jn - Stevenage - Grantham - Nework - Retford - Doncaster Decoy - Hatfield - Scunthorpe - Barnetby- Immingham - Jarrow OL

So what your saying is that these tanks from Acton were joined together with approx another 13 tanks at Immingham to run to Jarrow ? if so the 6N10 Acton-Immingham must of been Loaded.

If these tanks were left at Immingham Reception Sidings, wouldn't you the class 60 join the Acton-Immingham with the Humber/Lindsey-Jarrow oils somewhere, most TOPS lists I have show that the class 60 has worked 0N04 Immingham TMD-Lindsey then formed 6N04 to Jarrow and loco's allocated 0N10 Immingham TMD-Humber then formed 6N10 to Jarrow, they havent done any joining at Immingham Reception Sidings then.

Recently I haven't noticed any different wagons in the consists of 6D44/6D46 Jarrow-Lindsey/Humber. If you can find out the routing could you find out the consists for me ?

RJ

Established Member
The 37 Fan said:
An example of myself beinbg stated was with the Jarvis 56 to Grain I said it was caped, it ran AS FAR AS RUGBY and was caped, you know why? Because Jarvis drivers have no route knowelage below Rubgy therefore a Jarvis grid South of Rugby wont be coming yet so I was correct on that but no I quote "It was my lucky day" and "looks like M Wrights get is crap as usual" and is their an apology when it is correct? No. Because some people dont have enough manners to do so.
I helped people out by stopping them for going to see the Jarvis 56 and it was worth it because it didnt run so they didnt waste their own time.

In future if you want to get bowled or get no warning of a special working fine by me. As I said YOUR loss not mine.

Umm, did you not say that the 56 was OFF TEST around 4am on the monday morning? And when it was running, you never said anything about it terminating at Rugby or it still being on test. You said that it would not run at all because 56302 was not ready. Why can't you just accept that you were wrong?

What loss? If you don't want to post gen, it's no loss. I can recommend some good Yahoo groups to people where there is real gen and state when things actually get caped, not uneducated estimates.

Julian G

Established Member
joea1 said:
Umm, did you not say that the 56 was OFF TEST around 4am on the monday morning? And when it was running, you never said anything about it terminating at Rugby or it still being on test. You said that it would not run at all because 56302 was not ready. Why can't you just accept that you were wrong?

What loss? If you don't want to post gen, it's no loss. I can recommend some good Yahoo groups to people where there is real gen and state when things actually get caped, not uneducated estimates.
I agree
Yahoo Groups is well recommended,
Especially Rail-gen,Uk-Rail, Thameslink,willesdenwembleygen,

The 37 Fan

joea1 said:

Did it run?? Do I dont give a flying toss if it stoped at Rugby 56302 WASNT fully ready AS IT WAS ON TESTS hence the train terminated at Rugby. I did know it would NOT Run to Grain? I didntlike and I was certainlly correct, the train WAS CAPED South of Rugby and as Iknow a lot of people on here live in London I decided to post the train was CAPED as it wasnt goingto come furter down than Rugby. What else can I do. Iwill admitt yet again when I am wrong as I have done in the past, when I am wrong and sadly this wasnt the case.

I however did get wrong that the train would run on the Wednesday but apart from that what I said happened. Is that soo hard to understand?

RJ

Established Member
Yes, because you said that it was OFF TEST 4am on the Monday Morning.

It did run on the Wednesday - several people saw it and that was the day it debuted in London :???:
[EDIT]
Your post;

Yes a change of plan as 56302 was eventually off test in the early hours of this morning and by this time I doubt anoyone could post the news as most people were in bed, it was at about 4am the decision to run the train again was made.

Train was running early 56302 at the head (NOT double headed as suggested by some incorrect gen) As stated 56301 was used for shunting purposes.

The train will also run on Wednesday and Friday with a Fastline 56 on the front.

Seems you have changed your tune there as there is nothing about it being caped..... You were quite happy to post other stuff while you belived that it was running, I was actually the one who announced on this forum that it was caped - at which point you said it was a test run - so first you said it was off test, then after it had terminated at Rugby, you said it was on test. Fat lot of good gen is after the working has happened :roll:

AJP

I think you are confused matey, Immingham-Jarrow, Is it going to swim there for 100 miles?

The 37 Fan said:
Did it run?? Do I dont give a flying toss if it stoped at Rugby 56302 WASNT fully ready AS IT WAS ON TESTS hence the train terminated at Rugby. I did know it would NOT Run to Grain? I didntlike and I was certainlly correct, the train WAS CAPED South of Rugby and as Iknow a lot of people on here live in London I decided to post the train was CAPED as it wasnt goingto come furter down than Rugby. What else can I do. Iwill admitt yet again when I am wrong as I have done in the past, when I am wrong and sadly this wasnt the case.

I however did get wrong that the train would run on the Wednesday but apart from that what I said happened. Is that soo hard to understand?

so the 56 to grain never ran

so whys is 56302 heading thro Kenny o in this pic ?
http://www.paulbigland.fotopic.net/p29075378.html

The 37 Fan

Are you suffereing from somthing? It didnt run on Tuesday NO but guess what it did on Wednesday when that pic was taken, sorry but that post was not thought out. READ this whole thread again and you will find its over Tuesday 09/05/2005 NOT Wed 10th.

Immingham - Jarrow no it didnt swim but FFS sake byou want every station it passes because TBH I cant be arsed to put them all.

56302 can easily be but on test, off test and back on again cant it? Common sence should tell you it can, Jarvis are only just starting to properly use the 56's so dont expect anything to be 100% yet.

I can see no winning in this pointless thread, rather full or drivel TBH I have got a few things wrong but havent come up with utter drivel like in this thread.

I dont think I will post again in itm whats the point?

Is it really going anywhere?

Only thing is causes is bad feelings.

FFS sake everyone if you are soo confident the Acton - Jarrow didnt run then lets ee you cough up all your proof then? No not sipits I have said real proof that the train never existed???

Bet you cant come up with anything of the sort.

I would respect you if you could but I know for a fact you cant dig anything saying it never ran up, so if you cant live with the fact weather you like it or not it did run as a trail train. I dont give a dam about the train anymore as it caused so much hassle.

David

Established Member
1 more question, why was there no gen from anywhere else?

If there was a trial run from Acton to Jarrow, there would be plenty of information and speculation on the web, not just in 1 topic on 1 site.

Craig

Established Member
The 37 Fan said:
FFS sake everyone if you are soo confident the Acton - Jarrow didnt run then lets ee you cough up all your proof then? No not sipits I have said real proof that the train never existed???

For ****s sake sake?? What does that mean?

I could get a trust report for the train, but as I'm fairly confidant it didn't run I don't want to waste peoples time or jeopardise their jobs.

As usual you are 00WRONG

Why not email Harry Needle, I'm sure he'll clear everything up...

:roll:

RJ

Established Member
If you think you were right about the 56 workings, then hey, who am I to contradict that?

P.s nobody said anything about Tuesday :???:

Craig said:
For ****s sake sake?? What does that mean?

I could get a trust report for the train, but as I'm fairly confidant it didn't run I don't want to waste peoples time or jeopardise their jobs.
why bother craig their hasnt been any loco allocated to it on any tops lists it aint even on freightmaster :roll:

theblackwatch

Established Member
The 37 Fan said:
I dont think I will post again in itm whats the point?

If only some people would stick to their promises!!! I fear it may not be the case!

The 37 Fan said:
Immingham - Jarrow no it didnt swim but FFS sake byou want every station it passes because TBH I cant be arsed to put them all.
I would respect you if you could but I know for a fact you cant dig anything saying it never ran up, so if you cant live with the fact weather you like it or not it did run as a trail train. I dont give a dam about the train anymore as it caused so much hassle.
GIVE US SOME PROOF THAT IT RUNS !!!!!

RJ

Established Member
In the Barnetby table, I can only find trains to Jarrow from Lindsey and Humber.

Jordy

Established Member
joea1 said:
In the Barnetbury table, I can only find trains to Jarrow from Lindsey and Humber.

Barnetbury, cool, will have to try that one out! ;)

I think you mean Barnetby :p ;)

Jordy

Status
Not open for further replies.