• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Advance connection?

Status
Not open for further replies.

30mog

Booked Advance from Sheffield to London tomorrow via 0937 Doncaster to Kings Cross and connection. I'm not breaking any rules if I start at Meadowhall on the same suggested connection just 6 minutes later instead am I?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

455driver

Veteran Member
Yes you are, an advance ticket is only valid between the two stations named on the ticket.
But-
Would it be a problem in this case (no barriers at Meadowhall), probably not so you should be okay, others will be able to give you a definitive answer though.

itsjustmyjob

Yes, unfortunately, it is against the rules.

A £4.40 Meadowhall to Doncaster single would ease your journey though as no one would ever know where you'd started.

(Riskier would be a £2.40 Meadowhall to Sheffield ticket to cover the double back if the conductor on your train remembered that you didn't get on at Sheffield.)

Status
Not open for further replies.