• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Advance Flex Returns - three tickets, one reservation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sadgit

Hi all,

Bit of a weird one...

I've bought three Advance Flex Return tickets Norwich (NRW) to London (LST) and back on Greater Anglia via Trainline Business, all on the same booking and same trains.

I picked them up tonight and (as with any Advance) they all say on them that they're only valid with a reservation, but only one reservation coupon was printed alongside the three outbound and three return tickets.

This wasn't an error with the machine printing, as it said it would print seven coupons and I got seven coupons plus the receipt.

The ticket office at Norwich were completely baffled and suggested that I keep the booking confirmation handy to confirm that I had definitely got the right ticket...

Anyone know if this is normal for there only to be one reservation for multiple tickets when booked together or should I be getting on to Trainline to get them to sort it out?

Last edited by a moderator:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

tspaul26

Established Member
Hi all,

Bit of a weird one...

I've bought three Advance Flex Return tickets NRW-LST and back on Greater Anglia via Trainline Business, all on the same booking and same trains. Picked them up tonight and (as with any Advance) they all say on them that they're only valid with a reservation, but only one reservation coupon was printed alongside the three outbound and three return tickets. This wasn't an error with the machine printing, as it said it would print seven coupons and I got seven coupons plus the receipt. The ticket office at Norwich were completely baffled and suggested that I keep the booking confirmation handy to confirm that I had definitely got the right ticket...

Anyone know if this is normal for there only to be one reservation for multiple tickets when booked together or should I be getting on to Trainline to get them to sort it out?
What does the reservation coupon say?

JBuchananGB

I have plenty of examples when multiple tickets have been issued with a set of coupons where there was one coupon valid for travel for each passenger, and then one coupon for all the reservations for all the passengers, listing all the reserved seats. I've got a few scans of such tickets. I remember once booking a group of eight, of whom seven had senior railcards and one didn't (me actually) and getting eight coupons for the travel tickets, and two for the reservations. One of those was for 7 seats, the railcard holders, and one was for one seat, just for me!
I can think of two occasions when I even received a single coupon valid for travel for two passengers, but in those cases the tickets were of special types only ever issued to multiple passengers. Not very easy to use at gatelines though.

Mcr Warrior

Veteran Member
Three adults booked on the outbound train, "reserved - no seat allocated".
Thanks for clarifying. Expect that all three will be travelling sat together on the booked train and so won't be scattered separately amongst the various carriages.

Starmill

Veteran Member
Doesn't sound like there's an issue to me. Presumably the travellers are all colleagues and known to one another?

Status
Not open for further replies.