• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Advance from High Wycombe to Norwich, Valid via West Ruislip?

Status
Not open for further replies.

168lover

Hi all, tommorow morning i'm off to Norwich to ride behind 37s and 68s for the day:D When I booked the tickets to and from Norwich the journey planner gave me an itinerary via Marylebone then tube to Liverpool Street but what I was wondering was would my ticket be valid if I change from Chiltern to Central Line at West Ruislip and then i could travel to Liverpool Street via that way? Would be a big help if it is as it would save me having to walk miles at Marylebone.

Thanks in advance

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Romilly

Established Member
First, if you have a reserved seat for High Wycombe to Marylebone, the answer would be that you have to travel on the trains for which you have reservations.

Second, even if you don't have a reservation for High Wycombe to Marylebone, I don't think that you can do what you propose: West Ruislip is not one of the stations at which you can enter the Underground for the cross-London leg of a rail ticket that includes cross-London travel on the Underground/DLR.

168lover

First, if you have a reserved seat for High Wycombe to Marylebone, the answer would be that you have to travel on the trains for which you have reservations.

Second, even if you don't have a reservation for High Wycombe to Marylebone, I don't think that you can do what you propose: West Ruislip is not one of the stations at which you can enter the Underground for the cross-London leg of a rail ticket that includes cross-London travel on the Underground/DLR.
Ok. Thanks for your advice, I'll go via Marylebone

Kite159

Veteran Member
Marylebone to Liverpool Street isn't that bad, Bakerloo line one stop (or even walk) to Baker Street, changing to the Metropolitan or Circle line platforms for a few stops to Liverpool Street :)

NSEFAN

Established Member

This is a little surprising. Is there a list of stations valid for making such connections?

Ianno87

Veteran Member
Marylebone to Liverpool Street isn't that bad, Bakerloo line one stop (or even walk) to Baker Street, changing to the Metropolitan or Circle line platforms for a few stops to Liverpool Street :)

Definitely walk to Baker Street. Really not far at all (and well signposted).

Hadders

Veteran Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
Definitely walk to Baker Street. Really not far at all (and well signposted).

I agree. Exit Marylebone station through the main exit, turn left and walk for about 400 yards. Baker Street station is straight ahead of you.

Far quicker than one stop on the Bakerloo.

Clip

Established Member
You may get lucky and get a fast one from High Wycombe anyway and the journey on the tube from there is treacherous for how long it takes for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.