• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Advanced tickets, not catching the first train at an interchange

Status
Not open for further replies.

imagination

Hi,

I was wanting to buy an advanced ticket from TWY - SWI, to specifically be on the train that arrives into Swindon at 11:40. However, because the minimum interchange time at Reading allows you to just barely catch the train that gets into Swindon at 11:30 off the same train from Twyford, the online Journey Planner does not show this as an option.

Is there any way to force the FGW journey planner/mixing deck thing to show this specific train without increasing the cost by splitting the ticket at Reading?

Times:
Twyford 10:42 arrives Reading 10:50. The journey planner then puts you on the 10:57 from Reading (which arrives in Swindon at 11:30) as Reading has 7 minutes minimum interchange time.
Next train from Twyford is 11:06, which arrives into Reading after the train I want to catch departs.

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Romilly

Established Member
On the East Coast website I opted for the text only version of the site and, a few pages in, opted for an extended change time. I was then offered the 1042 departure from Twyford with an 1140 arrival in Swindon.

I couldn't see a text only option on the FGW site.

Status
Not open for further replies.