• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Advances fares cheaper bought separately?

Status
Not open for further replies.

387star

On Moderation
I attempted to buy two advances for the 19:30 LNER to Durham thus Saturday and when I tried individually the advances on the same train were cheaper.

It's possible that I couldn't have bought two cheaper advances due to availability but obviously I didn't put this to the test.

It felt like I was being fleeced buying two Advances in multiple then checking back and seeing cheaper Advances for one person.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

miklcct

On Moderation
I attempted to buy two advances for the 19:30 LNER to Durham thus Saturday and when I tried individually the advances on the same train were cheaper.

It's possible that I couldn't have bought two cheaper advances due to availability but obviously I didn't put this to the test.

It felt like I was being fleeced buying two Advances in multiple then checking back and seeing cheaper Advances for one person.
I believe it's the same limitation in booking air ticket. For a booking of multiple people to be issued, the tickets have to be identical for every person, therefore if there is only 1 quota left for a specific fare, it can't be sold to 2 people, and all people in the same booking will be forced to a higher fare.

387star

On Moderation
I believe it's the same limitation in booking air ticket. For a booking of multiple people to be issued, the tickets have to be identical for every person, therefore if there is only 1 quota left for a specific fare, it can't be sold to 2 people, and all people in the same booking will be forced to a higher fare.
Great thanks. Tickets are a nightmare and must be such an offput for people.

BRM

I've had this before so booked 1 at the lower price, then made another booking at the slightly higher price for the 2nd ticket. The only issue was if there are seat reservations which may not be next to each other.

Status
Not open for further replies.