• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Advice for Southampton -> London Vauxhall

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kite159

Veteran Member
I don’t think you need to worry about the 15 minutes minimum change on a season ticket, in practice there are trains Waterloo-Vauxhall every 2-3 minutes from platforms 1-5 (sometimes 6) and trains about every 4-8 minutes from platforms 16+

For some platforms you can walk between buffers and barriers (which works best depends on which platform mainline train uses, as shops on former carriage road break the route, unless you go around back of shops), and during peak can also do down the stairs near second carriage to W&C mid concourse and up to another platform (more like 2-4 minutes to change once you know layout)

However if you don’t pass any barriers at Waterloo doing this, not sure if delay repay will calculate automatically as it will have to guess your trains and changes.

And during the peaks, when the subway is open, it's easy enough to change platforms without going out of the barriers to the main concourse.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

cornishjohn

Southampton to London Terminals is indeed valid to Paddington on the above maps. The ticket does not have validity from Paddington to Vauxhall on London Underground, as it is not a Travelcard nor does it have the cross-London marker (which season tickets should not ever have anyway).
But what I had in mind was Reading->Paddington->("walk")->Waterloo->Vauxhall, not using LUL.

island

Veteran Member
But what I had in mind was Reading->Paddington->("walk")->Waterloo->Vauxhall, not using LUL.
That's fine (though nobody walks from Paddington to Waterloo in real life), as season tickets are valid for any number of journeys along the line of route.

Status
Not open for further replies.