• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Advice please...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sammy h

My permanent job isn't in the rail industry by the way. I work for Virgin at the weekends which is casual weekends.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

whhistle

On Moderation
You work for Virgin but not in the rail industry? :s
What DO you do then? :P

I was simply using your words from before where you said "not sure whether to risk leaving my permanent job for it", thus implying you are employed in a permanent job, and from what I read earlier, it was with Virgin Trains.

Sammy h

My permanent job through the week is NOT in the rail industry. I work for Virgin at the weekends.

I hope this is clear enough for you to understand.

Sammy h

I see.
I'd still say no though :P

That tends to be what most people are saying, although I have still applied, I probably wont get it anyway.

We will see.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
The casual post at Preston closes tonight so will probably find out by the end of the week, still unsure what to do if I do get invited to the recruitment event.

Asian Demon

That tends to be what most people are saying, although I have still applied, I probably wont get it anyway.

We will see.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
The casual post at Preston closes tonight so will probably find out by the end of the week, still unsure what to do if I do get invited to the recruitment event.

My advice to you is go to it and hope for the best. The rail industry is a better career choice than most at the moment. I can also say that it's good for getting used to the whole style of those events. Last thing you want is when a full time position comes up, you fail at the assessment when it matters most. Take it from me.

RJ

Established Member
Can you imagine the amount of applicants for it though. I'm gonna try my luck anyhow. You never know till you try.

Had a look at the roster in the BOP, there appears to be three vacancies in the TM links. I wonder what the recruitment event involves - presumably on has to be at the top of their game to pass all the assessments!

Status
Not open for further replies.