• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Advice requested for Oxford - Great Malvern

Status
Not open for further replies.

AeroSpace

Hi everyone,

A group of us will be travelling from Oxford to Great Malvern and back this Saturday. I can see an Off Peak Day Return for £18.80 each, but I'd be grateful if anyone could confirm the following.

• Is break of journey allowed on this ticket? We would like to break at Worcester on the return.
  • Is GroupSave available? Meaning that it would be £9.40 each in a group of four?
  • We are a group of twelve. With GroupSave tickets, does each group of four tickets have to travel together, or can it be any four, for example if four people want to leave later than the other eight, but aren't in the same group.

I believe that the answers to the above are all yes, but I would really appreciate if anyone could confirm, as this is my first time organising travel for others.

Thanks

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

bb21

Emeritus Moderator
Yes, yes, and no officially I believe but nonetheless unenforceable for the last one as long as you travel in groups of 4.

maniacmartin

Established Member
Fares Advisor
Make sure the 4 who are travelling back alone have tickets with matching/consecutive ticket numbers from the same "batch of 4" to be absolutely sure.

AeroSpace

Thanks everybody, I think we might as well take the time to swap tickets around to keep the ticket groups together.

Status
Not open for further replies.