• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Age limits?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matt-the-mutt

Now this is my first post, hello and such. but this inst a into is it :p

anyway i just want to know a few simple things, what are the age limits for differnt possitions? are they all 21 like the driver positions. and are the other positions 18+?

and a long shot, but i found a link on a thred on one of the topics a few nights back about job roles and just quite indepth infomation, it was quite small so maybe a member here made it? a long shot but yeah, got a link?

Thanks very much in advance.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

GB

Established Member
I believe the drivers position is the only one where the trainee must be at least 21 once qualified. All other safety critical positions (I think) are 18. So thats signalling, guard, RPI, distpatch, shunter, cleaner etc etc.

GB

Established Member
Maybe not ;)

Was just including it for the sake of its age limit.

es373

18 on LUL and 21 with any other TOC. Quite why you want to be a driver is anyone's guess, much better positions within the industry in my opinion.

Matt-the-mutt

18 on LUL and 21 with any other TOC. Quite why you want to be a driver is anyone's guess, much better positions within the industry in my opinion.

ohhh yes I know this, dont want to be short minded and go right in there (if that was possible anyway XD) so starting lower, then working my way up... maybe. :p

Does anyone actually become an LU driver at age 18? If so how?

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
I was wondering when someone was going to post that video! :grin: (only took 2 years!) He had to come in on a rest day to get the news report done before he turned 19, so they could say he was "just 18" at the time of the report.

Yes, I agree with es373, and he is a true professional. He is also a founding member & former moderator of this forum too.

Status
Not open for further replies.